GUADEC 2017 Media
Planning and resources for GUADEC marketing.
- Registration opening
- Key note speakers
- Countdowns - 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, etc
A list of possible things to tweet:
- A series of facts about Manchester (to sell the conference to people traveling abroad):
"Manchester's curry mile is a strip of over 70 Indian, Pakistani & Middle Eastern restaurants. Here are 10 of the best: http://www.wow247.co.uk/2015/06/19/essential-stops-manchester-curry-mile/"
- "Manchester is one of the birth-places of the industrial revolution. You can still visit the mills and walk the canals."
- "The Peak District is one of Britain's most beautiful national parks, and is just a short train ride from Manchester.
- "Manchester has the second largest China town in the UK and the third largest in Europe."
Manchester in Lonely Planet's top 10 places to visit in the world - http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/manchester-named-lonely-planets-top-10338580
- Musical heritage - "The Smiths, Oasis, James, Joy Division and the Stone Roses all came from Manchester. The music scene is as lively as ever."
A guide to Mancunian English: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/mancunian-sayings-guide-common-words-6465030
- Sell the conference to those who haven't been before, or aren't strongly connected to GNOME (possibly more relevant for UK residents):
- Describe the fun events - parties, picnic, football match
- Desbribe the breadth of talks, stands, etc
- Ask for ideas: "We are busy planning this year's GUADEC. Let us know if you have any ideas for how to make the conference better than ever."
- Birthday party date and arrangements.