Nautilus Past, Present and Future BoF
- What has been done in the past and why. Transition from Nautilus 2 to Nautilus 3
- What users perceived as errors in the past and why. Dual panel, type ahead, etc.
- What was the vision in Nautilus 2 vs Nautilus 3
- What have we done in the last 3 releases.
- What was a good thing, why, and how do we know.
- How many contributors were active and why they contributed.
- Where are we.
- What is our current vision.
- Why Nautilus grabs the attention of Linux users?
- Why is Nautilus important in a world that we no longer work with files, for example, in OSes with most gaining users like Chrome OS or Android?
- How many contributors are active and why they contribute. What contributors enjoy, what they don't and how we can improve contributors experience.
- How we can improve community bonding.
- How we can know what most people miss and why.
- How can we keep legacy users happy.
- How can we make transition of changes smoothly.
- What do we want for the future of this file manager.
- What about the desktop part of Nautilus.
- What are the most challenging changes in Nautilus that we want in the next 3 releases.
Time and Room
Check the BoFs page as it may change.