GNOME and Businesses, BOF during Guadec 2013
- Lionel - Lanedo
- Olivier - Collabora
- Karen - GNOME foundation
- Seif - Ex-Collabora, now Deutche Telekom
- Felipe - No affiliation
- Max - EZ Go Linux
- Chen - No affiliation
- Fabiana - Web team.
- Garret - Suse
- Federico - Suse.
- Marina - Red Hat
Lionel : Witnessing a decrease of GNOME customers at Lanedo
Olivier : still two very large multinational customers + endless mobile + all the GStseamer customers. Example of smaller customers like Touchtunes.
Federico : Suse not deployment of GNOME 3 in SLED
Karen: GNOME foundation is a non-profit cannot promote businesses. IRS have been quite annoying in this regard with, for example, the Linux Foundation. But GNOME foundation could provide the infrastructure for a GNOME businness committee. That committee would meet and evaluate potential GNOME customers
All agree on setting a business committee
The Business Committee
Business Committee tasks:
- Maintain a list of companies that offer GNOME services
- A list of products using GNOME technologies
- point of contact
- providing material and people for GNOME booth
- List big GNOME deployments. (already on the wiki in GNOME Marketing, ask Marina)
- Provide success stories blog post.
=> acts like a mini-trade association.
1. Find people to man the committee. Any volunteer can be part of the committee. (responsible: Lionel)
Initial members: Lionel, Karen, Federico. People we should talk with: Juan José Sanchez, Dave Neary, Murray.
2. Reinvigorate the mailing list. (Lionel)
3. Provide content for three webpages that would contain: A list of GNOME technologies, a list of products using GNOME technologies, a list of companies offering GNOME support/services. (Lionel)
4. Integrate this content into the GNOME website (Fabiana)
5. Provide success stories blog posts and update the three pages (The whole committee)
Goal: have a webpage live by mid-september