Minutes for Meeting of June 20th, 2011
- July 11st, 2011 - 14:00 UTC
- Brian Cameron
- Emily Chen
- Bharath Acharya
- Andre Klapper
- Jiri Eischmann
- Contact potential GUADEC organizer
- Review current bids for GUADEC 2012
Brno as host for GUADEC 2012 : http://www.eischmann.cz/GUADEC_Brno.pdf
A Coruña, Spain for GUADEC 2012: http://blogs.igalia.com/chema/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/bid_guadec_akademy_coruna_2009.pdf
- Below people contact us to show their interests: Jonathan Blandford, Tomas Bzatek, zaffo80 from Alto Vicentino Linux User Group, Dave Neary etc.
- Discuss GUADEC 2012 call-for-bid deadline
- Review current bids and potencial organizors who show their interests.
- We discussed whether to postponed the deadline for GUADEC 2012 call-for-bid, we vote and agree to extend the deadline to July 8th, 2011.
- Jiri Eischmann asked feedback for the Brno's bid. Brian suggest it can improved by: The bid could introduce us a bit more with the volunteer community. how much structure does it have? Network/Wifi ? Letters from people who are going to help make it happen letting us know that they are in support. etc.
- [Bharath] - Draft an email about the announcement of postponed the call-for-bid deadline to July 8th, 2011. Brian and Emily will help to review the draft email
- [All] - Provide feedback to Jiri Eischmann about Brno's bid
- [Emily] - Invite GNOME.Asia team to help on review bids and give feedback
On Going Items
[All] - Every committee member please your name and role at http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/CommitteeMembers
- [Bob, Brian, Emily] - Create live.gnome.org/GUADEC/2012, and to start contacting user group and party contacts in European hub cities.
- [Emily]- Create a upcoming meeting agenda wiki page so everyone can add new agenda there
- [Emily, Brian] - Draft a standard letter to contact potencial organizors to telling them that we would like them to consider helping to host GUADEC near their region.