GUADEC call for participation
GUADEC (pronounced GWAH-DECK) is an acronym for the GNOME Users' And Developers' European Conference. Held annually in cities around Europe, GUADEC is the largest get-together of GNOME users, developers, foundation leaders, individuals, governments and businesses in the world. Gnome is the Free and open source software stack that drives the user interface of many Linux-based devices, from smartphones to your home PC.
This year's GUADEC in The Hague, the Netherlands, deals with several interesting themes. First and foremost we will of course turn the spotlights on:
- the upcoming GNOME 3.0 release.
Other hot topics include:
- GNOME and the mobile platform;
- distributions and platforms.
Further topics of special interest:
- Search, meta data and the semantic desktop;
- Performance - optimizing processor, memory and disk i/o usage;
- User experience - designing and writing great applications;
- Growing Community - involving the non-technical and recruiting new people.
At the same time, This year's venue, the HHS in The Hague, an educational setting in the political heart of the Netherlands, provides a grand opportunity to focus special attention on two other subjects that are of major importance to GNOME:
- government desktops based on free and open source software;
- free and open source software and citizen empowerment;
- attention for free and open source software in education and the participation of students;
Of course, you are free to submit anything that does not fit in those categories, provided that it is relevant for the GNOME community at large.
The GUADEC Call for Participation has the following time line:
- Friday, March 20th: Deadline for submission of abstracts
- Friday, April 10th: Notification of speakers
Please submit your proposal before March 20th through the online paper submission system. Papers will be reviewed by the program committee between March 20th and April 10th.
The program committee is looking forward to your suggestions for participating in this year's exciting edition of GUADEC. Feel free to contact us, either on the general GUADEC mailing list or privately.
Start here to submit a paper to this conference. Step one of the submission process