Minutes for Foundation IRC Meeting of June 15th, 2011
- When: Wednesday, June 15th, 14:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #foundation
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, June 29th, 14:00 UTC
- Board Members: Andreas Nilsson, Brian Cameron, Og Maciel, Stormy Peters
- New GNOME Position with the community?
- There was interest about the proposal of nominating a leader to deal with situations of conflict within the GNOME community to help with technical issues, like when patches are not accepted.
- From last Board minutes is it understood that Bastien is working on a proposal but no further details are available at this moment.
- Foundation Elections:
- Preliminary results of Foundation election is confusing (i.e. Diego got 12 votes and Ryan got 10 but Ryan will be elected)
- Not displaying first votes may solve this confusion.
- How was the voters turn out compared to last election?
- Board Recent Changes:
- With Paul Cutler stepping from from the Board, Stormy Peters will be filling in for him until she officially starts her new term as a member of the Board.
- Desktop Summit:
- New sponsors for the Desktop Summit are up on web site.
Local volunteers can join #desktopsummit on server irc.freenode.org or e-mail email@example.com to get involved.