Minutes for Foundation IRC Meeting of May 4th, 2011
- When: Wednesday, May 4th, 14:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #foundation
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, May 18th, 14:00 UTC
- Board Members: Bastien Nocera, Brian Cameron, Og Maciel
- Switch to a monthly schedule
- Majority preferred to keep current bi-weekly schedule.
- Allows for handling/discussing urgent topics sooner.
- Budget to send GNOME 3 DVDs
- Novell sponsored 10,000 GNOME 3 DVDs
- DVDs were sent in 5 batches to USA (to sri), France (in Paris), Germany (in Nürnberg) India. and China (in Beijing)
- Switzerland and Greece have asked for some DVDs
- Sending a box of 100 DVDs in Europe costs around €20
- The Board has approved to pay for the expenses of sending these DVDs locally and Vincent will tell those holding DVDs how to proceed
- Board elections
- Last time the membership committee stated that this process should be kicked off this May.
- Concern that people are not thinking or aware of this upcoming event and that consequently we may not get a lot of people to run
- Tobias Mueller from the Membership Committee stated that an announcement for the upcoming election will be posted soon.