Minutes for Foundation IRC Meeting of October 27th, 2010
- When: Wednesday, October 27th, 14:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #foundation
- Board Members: Andreas Nilsson, Bastien Nocera, Brian Cameron, Germán Póo-Caamaño, Og Maciel, Paul Cutler
- Stormy Peters, Executive Director
- Rosanna Yuen, Administrative Assistant
- Release Team Update from Vincent Untz
- GNOME 3 Videos
- Boston Summit
- If you are coming or if you have a planned talk or session, please update the Wiki:
- GNOME 3.0 Worldwide Launch Party and GNOME.Asia pre-event survey
- GNOME Asia has a Survey about having a GNOME 3.0 launch event. Please consider taking the survey:
- There do not seem to be any plans for GNOME 3.0 launch events from any other local groups.
- Local groups with an interest to plan a GNOME 3.0 launch event should make their plans known and lets start coordinating.
- Welcome to the new GNOME sysadmin, Christer Edwards.
- Women's Outreach Program
- Marina said that 34 women applied for the program.
- Marina highlighted that 6 applicants can be accepted and 7 strong candidates have been identified (with an additional 7 more good candidates).
- Google Code-In!
- Andre has volunteered to help with the application for GNOME and we need your help in creating tasks for high school students.
- The wiki page has a link on how to write a good task, and we'd like to get as many GNOME projects involved as possible
- Free Software Foundation Collaboration Opportunities
- Peter Brown from the Free Software Foundation suggested that it would be good to promote GNOME Journal in their Free Software Supporter.
- Peter expressed interest in doing some joint marketing campaign if we could define a common project together.
- Plan to schedule another GNOME Foundation IRC meeting for next Wednesday, November 3rd, same time.