Minutes for Tuesday, December 1st, 2015, 20:00 UTC

Next meeting date Tuesday, December 8th, 2015, 20:00 UTC


  • Shaun McCance

  • Alexandre Franke
  • Rosanna Yuen
  • Jeff Fortin Tam
  • Ekaterina Gerasimova
  • Andrea Veri


  • Allan Day
  • Cosimo Cecchi



  • Desktop summit taxes
    • No news about this, awaiting a conf call with the KDE folks.
    • No news yet. Sri is still looking into the prospectus.
  • GUADEC and GNOME.Asia sponsorship brochure
    • ACTION: Jeff to draft some emails and send out the brochures ASAP
  • Moving to a rolling agenda/minutes
    • Andrea is going to review the proposal once again this week and give the rolling agenda / minutes a run during the next meeting.
  • Status of logo copyright
    • No news on this, action item from Shaun is still pending.


  • ED search update
    • No news received in recent weeks
  • GIMP reimbursements
    • It's sent, we're waiting for confirmation from banks
  • Google Play account
    • The Board delegated the item to the Release Team
    • ACTION: Alexandre to follow up with the Release Team about this
  • Instagram filters in GNOME

Discussed on the mailing list

  • Potential DX Hackfest planning
    • Philip Withnall contacted the Board asking whether it would be possible to receive sponsorship for both travel and accomodation for a potential DX hackfest to be held at the beginning of 2016
    • The decision is deferred to the Travel Committee itself when the requests will be actually made

Completed actions

  • Allan to send a summary to the mailing list about moving to a rolling agenda/minutes approach

Pending action items

  • Google Play account
    • Alexandre to follow up with the Release Team about this
  • GUADEC and GNOME.Asia sponsorship brochure
    • Jeff to draft some emails and send out the brochures ASAP
  • GNOME Logo licensing
    • Shaun to look over the current usage of the logo and how other free software projects do it, and come up with a proposal/report
  • On re-assigning Christian and previous Board members action items
    • Allan and Sri to coordinate with the engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
    • Cosimo to follow up with interested parties on how to spend the Privacy campaign funds
  • Jeff and Cosimo to handle the first review of sysadmin sponsorship brochure and any eventual improvement the sponsorship brochure
  • Kat and Rosanna to schedule a call with Marta to sort things out with the Desktop Summit taxes
  • Shaun: GNOME logo use by podiatrist
    • Podiatrist possible trademark infringement: Shaun to check the trademark details for the GNOME logo and update the licensing page on the website (obsolete)
  • Allan: Hellotux agreement
  • Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would be sponsored with money raised for defence against Groupon
  • Logo usage for t-shirts: Jeff to carry on with the process and follow up and have some general guidelines written down for future cases
  • Shaun and Allan to create a webpage for prior pants winners
  • Cosimo to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered final over all the GNOME yearly events
  • Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
  • Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
  • Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review

  • Andrea to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
  • Allan will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
  • Cosimo to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
  • Christian to investigate the GNOME gifts situation

FoundationBoard/Minutes/20151201 (last edited 2015-12-03 09:26:34 by AndreaVeri)