Minutes for Tuesday, November 24th, 2015, 20:00 UTC
Next meeting date Tuesday, December 1st, 2015, 20:00 UTC
- Alexandre Franke
- Allan Day
- Jeff F. T.
- Rosanna Yuen
- Andrea Veri
- Ekaterina Gerasimova
- Cosimo Cecchi
- Desktop summit taxes
- Kat and Rosanna are absent, so can't discuss today.
- LAS GNOME
- Sri is working on a brochure and plan for fundraising. This is still work in progress.
- GUADEC and GNOME.Asia sponsorship brochure
- Document mostly done, wondering if the current version, which is much shorter/simpler than previous editions, is the right approach
- Local teams can do their own fund raising and we could encourage them to produce their own brochures later.
- Time is an issue with companies setting their budgets.
See also https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2016/Sponsors for existing efforts
- ACTION: Jeff and Allan to draft some emails and send out the brochures ASAP. Shaun is also happy to help. Need to check with Kat about what has happened for GUADEC first.
- Moving to a rolling agenda/minutes
- Unclear where to go from there
- Up to prez, VP and secretary to devise a solution?
- Could possibly clean out minutes from the agenda but leave action items in place for the next meeting? Could also merge pending action items into the agenda, so we don't miss them during discussions, or forget about them.
- ACTION: let's try and do that for a few weeks and see how it goes. Allan to send a summary to the mailing list.
- ED search update
- No updates this week.
- GIMP reimbursements
- Google Play account
- Instagram filters in GNOME
- Desktop Summit taxes
Discussed on the mailing list
- VT's recommendation letter about his GSoC involvement
- Mentors reached out to the Board about VT's contributions on GNOME Music and GNOME Videos between may and august 2014
- The President prepared and signed a recommendation letter certifying VT's GNOME contributions
- Rosanna to prepare a draft combining the recommendations received in support of SG
- LAS GNOME Bid
- Alexandre to get back to Sri with the concerns outlined on the LAS GNOME Bid agenda item helping him addressing them and coming back to the Board with a response
- Allan to take the sponsorship brochure forward, through the Engagement Team
- Allan to make a proposal for a different way to use the wiki/etherpad for action items, instead of using
Pending action items
- Allan to send a summary to the mailing list about moving to a rolling agenda/minutes approach
- GUADEC and GNOME.Asia sponsorship brochure:
- Jeff and Allan to draft some emails and send out the brochures ASAP
- GNOME Logo licensing
- Shaun to look over the current usage of the logo and how other free software projects do it, and come up with a proposal/report
- On re-assigning Christian and previous Board members action items
- Allan and Sri to coordinate with the engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
- Cosimo to follow up with interested parties on how to spend the Privacy campaign funds
- Jeff and Cosimo to handle the first review of sysadmin sponsorship brochure and any eventual improvement the sponsorship brochure
- Kat and Rosanna to schedule a call with Marta to sort things out with the Desktop Summit taxes
- Shaun: GNOME logo use by podiatrist
- Podiatrist possible trademark infringement: Shaun to check the trademark details for the GNOME logo and update the licensing page on the website (obsolete)
- Allan: Hellotux agreement
- Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would be sponsored with money raised for defence against Groupon
- Logo usage for t-shirts: Jeff to carry on with the process and follow up and have some general guidelines written down for future cases
- Create a webpage for prior pants winners (Shaun and Allan)
- Cosimo to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered final over all the GNOME yearly events
- Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
- Allan will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
- Cosimo to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
- Christian to investigate the GNOME gifts situation