Minutes for Tuesday, September 15th, 2015, 19:00 UTC
Next meeting date Tuesday, September ??th, 2015, 19:00UTC
- Rosanna Yuen
- Cosimo Cecchi
- Christian Hergert
- Allan Day
- Jeff F. T.
- Ekaterina Gerasimova
- Andrea Veri
- Revisit meeting time?
- Since the current time was decided to help the european people joining, it doesn't seem to work. Should we revisit?
- ACTION: Shaun to bring that up to the mailing list
- Discussion of Pam's email regarding Ubuntu GNOME
- Ubuntu GNOME already are running with it; we did not tell them not to use the logo so they're already using it
- They implemented the feedback we gave them months ago.
- Other distros do not always use the GNOME logo and name, so it's a case peculiar to Ubuntu GNOME
- This case is different because the name is combined with the Ubuntu one, as opposed to just using the logo to advertise they're using GNOME software
- We need to officially license the logo if we want to keep being able to defend our trademark
- Foundation would not really be able to answer the question of defining exactly what constitutes GNOME
- ACTION: Allan to follow up with Pam about where this need for definition comes from, possibly set up an IRC meeting
- Will try to dodge answering that specific question
- Need to contact Pam for trademarks needing renewal?
ACTION: Jeff will talk to Pam about this since she's a trademark lawyer --> DONE
- GNOME logo use by podiatrist (Shaun)
- Shaun wasn't able to find copyright status of our logo yet
- Legitimate in trademark terms
- We can ask about attribution
- Trademark-infringing swag (Cosimo)
- Asked Karen for advice
- Logo usage for tshirts
- No news on Alexandru Cojocaru's request from 8/25
- ACTION: Cosimo to reply to him saying we're looking into it
- Hellotux still moving, need more iterations
- Still need more information from them
- ACTION: Allan will reach out directly to them and shorten the communication loop
- Freedesktop hackfests with Groupon money (Kat)
- Deferred until Kat is here
- Privacy funds hackfest (Sri, Christian)
- No news
- GUADEC 2016
Previously had agreed to extend the deadline (https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20150826 and https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoardPrivate/Minutes/20150901), and announce it, but we haven't done that
- 1st October should be the deadline for bids.
- Local teams should be encouraged to communicate with the board if they need more time.
- Kat mentioned she told this to the groups involved in the bids
- Wiki needs to be updated and a mail sent to foundation-list.
- ACTION: Shaun update the wiki and send mail
- Annual report
- It's pretty much done; in the hands of Andreas to layout
- Would be nice to have printed copies for Sri's presentation next week.
- Sri would need to look into this himself, as it's really close
- Want to have them in time for Boston Summit in any case
Primary audience is AdBoard in any case. How did we distribute these in the past?
AdBoard meeting preferred way of doing it. Prior to them we mailed it to them.
If we mail, would be best to do from a single location. Rosanna could do it, but she needs physical addresses for AdBoard members which we don't have currently
- Should also send them out to potential future members
- ACTION: Jeff to fish addresses
Discussed on the mailing list
- Business cards
- Sri proposed the adoption of generic business cards for marketing purposes
Allan will take care of arranging a possible official design for the cards, see the thread at: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/engagement-list/2015-September/msg00059.html
- No planned expense has been decided yet about this topic, the Board will follow up when an official design will be ready
- Jeff to follow up with Federico about the wooden foot gift experiment
Pending action items
- Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would be sponsored with money raised for defence against Groupon
- Logo usage for t-shirts: Jeff to carry on with the process and follow up and have some general guidelines written down for future cases
- Podiatrist possible trademark infringement: Shaun to check the trademark details for the GNOME logo and update the licensing page on the website
- Allan to make a proposal for a different way to use the wiki/etherpad for action items, instead of using kanboard
- Jeff to get advisory board contact details from Karen. If this fails, we need to start developing our own contacts and record them on the wiki.
- Create a webpage for prior pants winners (Shaun and Allan)
- Cosimo to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered final over all the GNOME yearly events
- Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
- Allan will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
- Cosimo to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
- Christian to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
- Sri to coordinate with engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
- Jeff to find existing fundraising brochure/proposal documents and come up with one for fundraising for a sysadmin