Minutes for Wednesday, September 1st, 2015, 19:00 UTC
Next meeting date Tuesday, September 8th, 2015, 19:00UTC
- Cosimo Cecchi
- Rosanna Yuen
- Christian Hergert
- Andrea Veri
- Ekaterina Gerasimova
- Allan Day
- JF Fortin T.
- GUADEC 2016
- Agreed to extend deadline. Next steps?
- Board members are reaching out to interested parties
- Christian tried to reach the LF out already
- Status of possible privacy funds hackfest
- It might be possible to have the hackfest during the the West Coast Summit
- Sri and Christian are currently involved in the organization
- Google Play account.
- No further comments, the Board will follow up on the private thread and come up with a decision
- GNOME logo use by podiatrist
- Is this really a trademark infringement?
- The commercial category is different as they don't sell software
- ACTION: Shaun to check the trademark details for the GNOME logo and update the licensing page on the website
- Logo usage request for tshirts.
- ACTION: Jeff to carry on with the process and follow up and have some general guidelines written down for future cases
- Trademark-infringing swag (mousepads)
- UK based company having more products than just the mousepad with the GNOME logo
- A quick Google image search returns no other occurrences on the web at first glance
- General consensus seems to be that we need to enforce the trademark in this case. Next steps?
- We don't have a trademark registered on the merchandising area
- Do we want to register a trademark on this specific trademark category?
- Should we approach them and ask them to stop or come up with a contract where they will be supposed to get the Foundation part of the profit they make selling the mousepads?
- ACTION: Cosimo to ask Karen first
- Update on annual report.
- General content and privacy section are the current blockers
- It should start coming together more actively this week
- Update on ED search.
- ACTION: Christian to reach out to the committee and get some updates
- Sponsor Free Desktop-style hackfests using the funds raised for the defence against Groupon
- Budget can be determined after we get some interest
- ACTION: Kat to draft a call for hackfests
Discussed on the mailing list
- One GUADEC intent to bid was received:
- Budget increase for Open Help Sponsorship
- Existing allocated budget by the Travel Committee for Open Help 2015 was 6000 USD
- Additional funds were requested with a grand total of 7,773 USD
- The Travel Committee has voted to be in favor of sponsoring 6 attendees to the event, all of them are existing Foundation members and known GNOME contributors
- VOTE: allocate a grand total of 7773 USD for the Open Help conference (additional 1773 USD than originally approved)
- VOTE: +1 Cosimo, Christian, Jeff, Allan. Shaun and Kat abstain.
- VOTE PASSED
- Privacy funds
- Michael Catanzaro put together a list of privacy-related items we could take into account when deciding what to do with the privacy funds
Another list of ideas is available at https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/PrivacyCampaign2013
Pending action items
- Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would be sponsored with money raised for defence against Groupon
- Christian to reach out to the ED Search committee and get some updates
- Cosimo to ask Karen about the trademark-infringing mousepads and report his findings to the mailing list
- Logo usage for t-shirts: Jeff to carry on with the process and follow up and have some general guidelines written down for future cases
- Podiatrist possible trademark infringement: Shaun to check the trademark details for the GNOME logo and update the licensing page on the website
- Allan to make a proposal for a different way to use the wiki/etherpad for action items, instead of using kanboard
- Jeff to get advisory board contact details from Karen. If this fails, we need to start developing our own contacts and record them on the wiki.
- Create a webpage for prior pants winners (Shaun and Allan)
- Advisory Board meeting at GUADEC: Jeff to contact advisory board members by phone about joining the call on the 4th
- Allan to follow up with Oliver Propst on Anual Report
- Trademark-infringing swag (mousepads): Cosimo to follow up about possible future actions and send a proposal to the board
- Cosimo to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered final over all the GNOME yearly events
- Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
- Allan will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
- Cosimo to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
- Christian to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
- Sri to coordinate with engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
- Jeff to find existing fundraising brochure/proposal documents and come up with one for fundraising for a sysadmin