Minutes for Wednesday, September 1st, 2015, 19:00 UTC

Next meeting date Tuesday, September 8th, 2015, 19:00UTC


  • Shaun McCance

  • Cosimo Cecchi
  • Rosanna Yuen
  • Christian Hergert
  • Andrea Veri
  • Ekaterina Gerasimova


  • Allan Day
  • JF Fortin T.


Board meeting

  • GUADEC 2016
    • Agreed to extend deadline. Next steps?
    • Board members are reaching out to interested parties
      • Christian tried to reach the LF out already
  • Status of possible privacy funds hackfest
    • It might be possible to have the hackfest during the the West Coast Summit
    • Sri and Christian are currently involved in the organization
  • Google Play account.
    • No further comments, the Board will follow up on the private thread and come up with a decision
  • GNOME logo use by podiatrist
    • Is this really a trademark infringement?
    • The commercial category is different as they don't sell software
    • ACTION: Shaun to check the trademark details for the GNOME logo and update the licensing page on the website
  • Logo usage request for tshirts.
    • ACTION: Jeff to carry on with the process and follow up and have some general guidelines written down for future cases
  • Trademark-infringing swag (mousepads)
    • http://amazon.co.uk/Abstract-Designer-Colourful-Anti-Slip-Compatible/dp/B0080CYAD8/

      • UK based company having more products than just the mousepad with the GNOME logo
    • A quick Google image search returns no other occurrences on the web at first glance
    • General consensus seems to be that we need to enforce the trademark in this case. Next steps?
    • We don't have a trademark registered on the merchandising area
      • Do we want to register a trademark on this specific trademark category?
    • Should we approach them and ask them to stop or come up with a contract where they will be supposed to get the Foundation part of the profit they make selling the mousepads?
      • ACTION: Cosimo to ask Karen first
  • Update on annual report.
    • General content and privacy section are the current blockers
    • It should start coming together more actively this week
  • Update on ED search.
    • ACTION: Christian to reach out to the committee and get some updates
  • Sponsor Free Desktop-style hackfests using the funds raised for the defence against Groupon
    • Budget can be determined after we get some interest
    • ACTION: Kat to draft a call for hackfests

Discussed on the mailing list

Completed actions

Pending action items

  • Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would be sponsored with money raised for defence against Groupon
  • Christian to reach out to the ED Search committee and get some updates
  • Cosimo to ask Karen about the trademark-infringing mousepads and report his findings to the mailing list
  • Logo usage for t-shirts: Jeff to carry on with the process and follow up and have some general guidelines written down for future cases
  • Podiatrist possible trademark infringement: Shaun to check the trademark details for the GNOME logo and update the licensing page on the website
  • Allan to make a proposal for a different way to use the wiki/etherpad for action items, instead of using kanboard
  • Jeff to get advisory board contact details from Karen. If this fails, we need to start developing our own contacts and record them on the wiki.
  • Create a webpage for prior pants winners (Shaun and Allan)
  • Advisory Board meeting at GUADEC: Jeff to contact advisory board members by phone about joining the call on the 4th
  • Allan to follow up with Oliver Propst on Anual Report
  • Trademark-infringing swag (mousepads): Cosimo to follow up about possible future actions and send a proposal to the board
  • Cosimo to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered final over all the GNOME yearly events
  • Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
  • Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
  • Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review

  • Andrea to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
  • Allan will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
  • Cosimo to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
  • Christian to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
  • Sri to coordinate with engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
  • Jeff to find existing fundraising brochure/proposal documents and come up with one for fundraising for a sysadmin

FoundationBoard/Minutes/20150901 (last edited 2015-09-19 12:27:45 by AndreaVeri)