Minutes for Friday, December 19th, 2014, 17:00 UTC
Next meeting due on January 9th, 2015 at 17:00 UTC
- Ekaterina Gerasimova
- Rosanna Yuen
- Marina Zhurakhinskaya
- Jeff Fortin
- Andrea Veri
- Karen Sandler
- Tobias Mueller
- Sriram Ramkrishna
- GUADEC 2015 Sponsor Brochure Draft (if not resolved on the mailing list)
- VOTE: +1 Karen, Marina, Tobi in the meeting, Kat, Jeff, Andrea by mailing list)
- ACTION: Jeff to reply Fabiana back with the vote's result
- Status of adboard outreach
- Need to either have the quarterly adboard meeting now soonish, or plan one for FOSDEM
- What about having it at the upcoming FOSDEM?
- Sri, Tobi, Karen, Kat will be at FOSDEM this year
- Who from the Adboard might be there? Google and Red Hat, anyone else?
- ACTION: Kat to send an invitation email for it this week
- ACTION: Tobi (?) to figure out a time slot for it
- Prospection: nothing to report yet: too late for the budget thing, but should send at least a happy holidays mail?
- (If time allows, and depending on the outcome of "Status of adboard outreach"): see if we need to assign a 5K of general funds to cover sysadmin work for year 2015 while adboard outreach is being sorted out?
- a 3000$ check was received from "The Howard Johnson Foundation"
- the GNOME Foundation is expected to use the funds only within the US
- Need to dig a little bit who these people are, and if they did donate to who they thought they were donating to?
- Evaluate what we can use it on with the restrictions that come attached to the check
- Proposal to experiment with a Kanboard instance to keep track of our action items
- Access is allowed to all Board members using their GNOME Account login
- Ask Andrea or Jeff to grant the relevant ACL on the board
- Review pending action items
- Review old minutes pending items (where?)
- Discuss plans for reviewing salaries/hourly rates of employees/contractors
- Deferred until further mailing list discussion occurs from other board members (or missing info):
- GNOME Privacy project (what to do with the remaining funds): hackfest? internships?
Discussed on the mailing list
- Grant and letter from The Howard Johnson Foundation
- Performance and salary reviews for employees and contractors
- Missing board-list archives for 2005-2006 and a few months of 2007
- Mailman had a misconfiguration way back in 2005 and archives for these years were lost
- Andrea is contacting Board members that were serving at that time to import them back into the GNOME Infrastructure
- Initial payments to the Outreach Program interns
Pending action items
- GUADEC 2015 Sponsor Brochure Draft: Jeff to mail Fabiana back with the result of Board's vote
- GNOME's CoC: Board to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered final over all the GNOME yearly events
- Edward Swartz's "philantropist donation": Sri to email him to thank, say we're getting a gift together, ask about reasons motivating his great donation, maybe offer an interview? And verify his mailing address.
- Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts holders and passwords
- Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for security reasons
- Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
- Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
- Karen to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
- Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts over to the GNOME infrastructure
- Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
- Sri to communicate to Rosanna and work on the donation for the West Coast hackfest
- Sri, Marina, Kat to work on establishing criteria for drafting for the hiring committee for the ED role
- Sri to investigate the GNOME gifts situation