Minutes for Tuesday, March 25th, 2014, 16:00 UTC

Next Meeting

  • Tuesday, April 8th, 2014, 16:00 UTC


  • Andreas Nilsson
  • Marina Zhurakhinskaya
  • Tobias Mueller
  • Joanmarie Diggs
  • Ekaterina Gerasimova
  • Emmanuele Bassi
  • Sriram Ramkrishna
  • Rosanna Yuen


  • Karen Sandler


Board Meeting Agenda

  • Outstanding reimbursements
    • Improve the cumbersome workflow
      • After a positive response from Rosanna about travel reimbursement wiki page, created one for general reimbursements.
  • Upcoming events
    • GUADEC 2014
      • Waiting on a legal entity in France to transfer leftover money from GUADEC 2013
      • Call for Proposals is ready and waiting for the website
      • Website and registration
        • Optional gender and background (ethnicity/race and country of residence)
    • GNOME.Asia
      • FUDcon happening at the same time
  • Privacy guide for GNOME
  • Update on fund collection in Europe
    • Karen is travelling, we'll ask her for an update via email
  • Post ED plans
    • We should ask Stormy for potential candidates
    • We need to ensure a proper transition of Karen's contacts from her to the board
    • Karen can join the interview process as part of legal counsel past her role of ED
  • Diego could not get a visa for the West Coast Hackfest
    • Should we reimburse his visa fees
    • VOTE: Reimburse USD 160 of visa costs for Diego: -1 Andreas, Kat; +1 Sri, Tobi, Marina, Emmanuele; Joanie abstains

    • We should discuss to amend our policy for reimbursements for visa costs in the future

Discussed on the mailing list

Completed Actions

  • Kat to contact the GIMP developers for allocating the money for the event at LGM
  • Kat will email the Release Team on behalf of the board to express the board's concern regarding gnome-software (no longer relevant, does not need completion)

Pending action items

  • Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
  • Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
  • Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that want a postcard
  • Emmanuele to draft a date and time for the post-release meeting
  • Emmanuele to send a proposal to foundation-list about possible IRC meetings
  • Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
    • Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the photography policy for GNOME events
  • Joanie to go over Michael Schumacher ideas on the Gimp funding processes and merge them with her ideas on the wiki
  • Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts holders and passwords
    • Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for security reasons
  • Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review during the next meeting
  • Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
  • Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
  • Karen will review the agreement for collecting funds in Europe
  • Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
  • Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
  • Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts over to the GNOME infrastructure

  • Marina will follow up with Rosanna on OPW fincances

FoundationBoard/Minutes/20140325 (last edited 2014-04-25 15:08:17 by EmmanueleBassi)