Minutes for Tuesday, October 15th, 2013, 16:00 UTC

Next Meeting

  • Tuesday, October 29th, 2013, 16:00 UTC


  • Rosanna Yuen
  • Andreas Nilsson
  • Karen Sandler
  • Marina Zhurakhinskaya
  • Emmanuele Bassi
  • Sriram Ramkrishna
  • Tobias Mueller


  • Ekaterina Gerasimova
  • Joanmarie Diggs


Board Meeting Agenda

  • GUADEC travel reimbursements are three weeks overdue now.
    • Zana is working on the list
  • Contract details for OPW
    • There are some feedback from mentors with regards to the contracts that got introduced last round.
    • Karen, Marina and Kat had a meeting going over the feedback and see what could be improved.
    • No progress
    • Karen sent possible changes to the non-board person that expressed doubts or concerns, but still hasn't gotten a reply
    • Not time sensitive, but it needs to be done before the next round of OPW starts
    • ACTION: Karen to circulate a new draft of the OPW mentor/student contracts

  • Montreal Summit travel report
    • Around 40 attendees
    • 6 students attended from the Western New England university along with a professor
      • They want to revive the Mousetrap project (mouse assistive technology) as part of their year's university project, they had great support and made a lot of progress
    • Sessions could have been better organised to allow for newcomers
    • Karen met the president of Savoir-Faire Linux, SFL interviewed Karen and then Karen interviewed them
    • Good feedback
    • The sponsors helped with the venue, parties, and refreshments: Canonical, Red Hat, SFL
    • Work was accomplished on notifications, a11y, developer experience, etc.
  • GNOME Asia Summit update
    • Still in the planning stage
    • We received a bid, but we also got two proposals for co-locating the summit with other conferences and communities
    • Local community should evaluate the options
  • Behnam Esfahbod volunteering with the Foundation
    • Behnam is waiting for a new job to start in 2014 and has free volunteer time until the end of the year
    • 24 hours per week
    • Tasks
      • investigate OPW application tracking using a local instance of the Google Summer of Code software
      • Infrastructure issues
    • Need to check if Behnam is a Foundation member, and have his blog syndacated on the Planet

Completed Actions

  • Karen to ask on foundation-list if somebody wants to work with Gitorious.org to create a GNOME mirror there
  • Karen to check with Rosanna if a 30 day turnaround fits in to her travel reimbursement workflow
  • Karen and Joanie to manage the bulk hotel booking for the Montreal Summit
  • Karen, Kat, Marina, Andreas to discuss the OPW contract issues during the board's work session

Pending action items

  • Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
  • Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
  • Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that want a postcard
  • Joanie and Kat to draft a new travel assistance form to replace the current one (Kat, Joanie and Zana to discuss and come up with a solution)
  • Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
  • Joanie will ping the Release Team again for the Foundation IRC meeting after the 3.10 release is completed
  • Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the photography policy for GNOME events
  • Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts holders and passwords
  • Kat to contact Cesar Fabian Orcoon Chipana to add a way to file a reimbursement complaint to the future travel commitee form
  • Kat to notify Anton Belka the decision on his GUADEC reimbursement
  • Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
  • Karen to contact Tor, EFF, OTI for feedback and eventual funding for privacy work
  • Karen to "call for ideas" for privacy work related bids at GUADEC and by blog/email to foundation-announce
  • Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
  • Karen to circulate a new draft of the OPW mentor/student contracts
  • Sri to investigate better uses of adwords on the GNOME websites
  • Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts over to the GNOME infrastructure

  • Rosanna to set up an account for Kat to access the Foundation's PayPal

FoundationBoard/Minutes/20131015 (last edited 2013-10-25 23:38:29 by EmmanueleBassi)