Minutes for Meeting of June 25th, 2013, 16:00 UTC
- Tuesday, July 9th, 2013, 16:00 UTC
- Rosanna Yuen
- Andreas Nilsson
- Joanmarie Diggs
- Tobias Mueller
- Karen Sandler
- Ekaterina Gerasimova
- Marina Zhurakhinskaya
- Sriram Ramkrishna
- Seif Lotfy
- Emmanuele Bassi
- Bastien Nocera
Board Meeting Agenda
- Welcome new board!
- Welcome Ekaterina, Marina and Sriram to the board!
- Karen presented the obligations of being a director - the duty of care and the duty of loyalty. Karen recommended that directors use personal not employment email addresses in their capacity of directors. Karen also gave an overview of the obligations of officers.
- Karen discussed the conflict of interest policy.
- Sri mentioned that employees may have the obligation to notify their employer
- Presentation of the different officers roles.
- Andreas presented his duties as President.
- Karen summarized the Vice President role
- Andreas discussed the Secretary role
- Shaun presented his duties as Treasurer (and also Rosanna's duties as bookkeeper/administrator)
- The signing authority of the officers was also discussed.
- GUADEC 2013 - In person board meeting - was scheduled for July 30, proposed moving it to the 31st.
- Regular meeting time, will stay on Tuesdays but at 16:00 UTC, one hour later than the previous time
- Update on GUADEC 2013
- Igalia is coming in at the silver level
ACTION: Karen will continue to follow up GUADEC sponsorship with potential sponsors
- Board and Adboard meetings at GUADEC
- Montreal Summit
- We are still on the lookout for a location. The local team have been in contact with several organizations and things look bright.
ACTION: Karen will follow up on the status of the Montreal summit with the local team
- Hardware donation announcement.
- The GNOME Foundation recieved hardware donations in the form of 6 Chromebooks from Intel and a individual donor.
ACTION: Kat will take a picture of a donated laptop
ACTION: Karen will publish the announcement of the donated hardware
- Annual Report update
- Outreach Yearbook
ACTION: Marina will follow up with Daniel about the outreach yearbook
== Completed Actions ==
- Andreas to contact the adboard members with the date of the meeting at GUADEC for feedback
- Andreas to contact the local team for securing the venue for the board and adboard meetings at GUADEC
- Andreas to contact Zeeshan to notify the travel sponsorship approval for the Maps hackfest
- Andreas to contact Ryan to coordinate with the local volunteers for securing a venue in Montreál for the summit by August
- Emmanuele to send an email reminding accepted speakers to confirm presence, and to contact the travel committee for sponsorship
- Joanie to contact travel committee about the allocated budget for travel sponsorship
- Karen to carry on the discussion to explore the offer from Wau-Holland-Stiftun for collecting funds in Europe for us.
New Action Items
- Karen will continue to follow up GUADEC sponsorship with potential sponsors
- Karen will follow up on the status of the Montreal summit with the local team
- Kat will take a picture of a donated laptop
- Karen will publish the announcement of the donated hardware
- Marina will follow up with Daniel about the outreach yearbook
Status of action items
- All directors should discuss the first-response contact for emails
- All directors should continue discussing the a11y team proposal on the mailing list for the Accessibility FoG project
- Andreas - To create a wiki page on the web services accounts holders.
- Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
- Bastien will research what the status of the Banshee Amazon revenue is and report back to Bertrand Lorentz
- Emmanuele - Will audit the current donors and check that everybody received their benefits.
- Emmanuele to start a wiki page on the community feedback of GUADEC 2012
- Emmanuele to send Zana the list of FoG donors that want a gift from the Foundation
- Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that want a postcard
- Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
- Karen - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
- This has been done. Will close once the Foundation website is updated, refer to bug #644932.
- Karen - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them.
- Karen to explore founding options for the GNOME Foundation to be a member of the W3C
- Karen to explore funding options for a marketing director
- Karen - to make LWN integration with CiviCRM one of the requirements for the contracted project
- Karen to coordinate with Robert and Florian to make sure that the right person send the letter of invitation to those who need it for VISAs to GUADEC.
- Karen and Tobias to write a Memorandum Of Understanding for collecting fund in Europe.
Rosanna - Automate the process of entering PayPal information into GnuCash.
- Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
- Rosanna - Received the PO from Google for the GSOC payments; waiting for individual mentor travel receipts to submit invoice.
- Rosanna - Look at the actual amount of money allocated for the sysadmin that we can still use
- Seif to send an email on board-list to start the discussion on the areas of involvement for each board member