Minutes for Meeting of February 19th, 2013

Next Meeting

  • Tuesday, March 3th, 2013, 15:00 UTC


  • Rosanna Yuen
  • Bastien Nocera
  • Shaun McCance

  • Andreas Nilsson
  • Seif Lotfy
  • Karen Sandler
  • Tobias Mueller
  • Joanmarie Diggs


  • Emmanuele Bassi


Board Meeting Agenda

  • Problems with Gobby, lost historical minutes (they are still available in the Wiki)
    • ACTION: Andreas? Karen? to contact Andrea about reliability of gobby, restore from backups, etc.

  • 2013 Budget
    • Needs vote to finalize (was +1 from Emmanuele, Joanie, Shaun, Tobi, Andreas)
      • +1 from Seif
      • Abstain from Bastien
    • Passed with votes from previous meeting
  • Sysadmin status update
    • Andrea is very responsive, and working with the CivCRM contractor, Stuart Gaston
  • CiviCRM status update
    • Should take up to 10 business days
    • Contractor offered training on the new tools, a number of Board members and employees interested
  • Friends of GNOME status update
    • Google now matches donations from Google employees to the GNOME Foundation
    • ACTION: Check status with Emmanuele for FoG

  • GUADEC status
    • Brochure not finalised yet, draft discussed today
    • Would be nice to take in advice from the AdBoard about giving away discount vouchers to share around the sponsoring company (rather than a limited number of entrance vouchers)

  • GNOME Asia status
    • Need entity in Korea to handle sponsorship, Karen contacted the Linux Foundation about that
    • Call for Papers opening soon
  • Joining W3C status update
    • No updates from W3C
    • ACTION: Karen to renew contact for W3C

  • Thanking ICAB for hosting GNOME DX hackfest
    • ICAB kindly provided us with a location for the DX hackfest in Brussels. We should thank them somehow.
    • Framed poster was mentioned as an option, we have signed posters from GUADEC in Den Haag
    • ACTION: Andreas to send the destination address to Rosanna for shipment of a poster to ICAB

  • Cross Desktop Collaboration Summit proposal status
    • A number of attendees. Setting on dates still. And there is a location.
    • OpenSUSE would sponsor accomodation, location,
  • Flattr donations
    • It was suggested on marketing-list that we should try and implement flattr.com donations on gnome.org
    • Flattr say that "Software organisations cannot be charitable organisations". We might be able to get an account, but it would not be a non-profit account but still better than the standard one
  • Collecting funds in Europe
    • Gathering donations and sending gifts from US to Europe is currently a costly operation.
    • There is a organization called Wau-Holland-Stiftung that might be able to help collect funds for Europe specifically
    • Discussions are ongoing, need to gauge interest from our side first. Cost would be a fixed percentage (capped at already specified administrative costs).
    • Organisation is currently strongly associated with Wikileaks (tax exemption removed and restored, accounts frozen, etc.)
    • In strong contact with the German tax office
    • Shall we further explore this possibility?
    • ACTION: Karen to carry on the discussion to explore the offer from Wau-Hollan-Stiftung for collecting funds in Europe

  • Status of a11y proposals
    • Nothing has reached us yet
    • We have reached out to some people if they would like to be independent experts to evaluate the bids.
    • ACTION: Bastien will reach out to a couple of companies and make sure that they are aware of the A11Y bid.

* Fabian asked for reimbursement reg. Dia GNOME

  • ACTION: Rosanna to handle reimbursement to Fabian for Dia GNOME

FoundationBoard/Minutes/20130219 (last edited 2013-04-28 22:09:38 by EmmanueleBassi)