Minutes for Meeting of November 6th, 2012

Next Meeting

  • Tuesday, November 20th, 2012

Attending

  • Emmanuele Bassi
  • Rosanna Yuen
  • Joanmarie Diggs
  • Bastien Nocera
  • Shaun McCance

  • Andreas Nilsson
  • Seif Lotfy
  • Karen Sandler

Regrets

  • Tobias Mueller

Missing

Board Meeting Agenda

  • Future adboard meetings
    • We need to plan the next adboard meeting. Last meeting was at GUADEC.
      • When should we have the next meeting?
      • What topics should we cover?
        • Ideas for the next campaigns for Friends of GNOME
        • Newcomer event, Outreach efforts funding
        • cross-desktop collaboration
        • report on GNOME OS meeting at GUADEC, Boston Summit, and on the gnome-os-list
      • Discuss further ideas on the mailing list
    • When should we have the next adboard face-to-face meeting?
  • Next round of Women Outreach Program.
    • Karen sent a summary to the mailing list.
      • More projects decided to join.
      • Karen has been exploring sponsorship offers from adboard members and other foundations.
    • How many students should the Foundation fund?
      • One student = USD 5000.
      • Recommendation: 2 students.
      • We need a rough budget based on the numbers from previous years.
      • Vote for sponsor two students, with the option for others if the budget allows it: unanimous
    • The next round will be announced some time around next week.
  • Fiscal services for projects.
    • The Foundation now holds the Google Summer of Code money for PulseAudio.

    • Karen is still waiting for feedback from SourceForge for their incubator project.

  • Health insurance increase for employees.
    • Still discussing the issue on the mailing list.
  • Status of web version of Annual report
    • ACTION: Emmanuele to send an email to Tobi for the updated list of donors from PayPal.

  • GNOME GNIGHTS
    • Meg Ford asked the board for some financial support for their monthly GNOME community meetups in Chicago.
    • USD 40/event
    • Provision: blog/wiki reports and sponsor badge
    • Vote: unanimous
    • ACTION: Karen to send an email to Meg about the funding of the GNOME GNights.

  • Friends of GNOME
    • We have some donors falling through the cracks.
    • The script automating the extraction of the list of donors should help catch some of the cases.
    • The board was asked for only having a certificate instead of a gift
      • Mozilla has a similar certificate.
  • Next meeting: November 20th, 2012
    • Time: 15:00 UTC

Completed Actions

  • Joanie to work with the A11y team to write proposals for using the Mozilla and FoG money

Status of action items

  • All directors should discuss the first-response contact for emails
  • Andreas and Emmanuele to discuss the best approach to publish the Agenda on foundation-list before the board meeting
  • Andreas - To create a wiki page on the web services accounts holders.
  • Bastien - To contact the BBC to discuss about possible collaboration in working directly with GNOME.
  • Bastien - Reach out to the GNOME Advisory Board via email to see if they can help out with providing contacts at Yahoo.
  • Bastien will research what the status of the Banshee Amazon revenue is and report back to Bertrand Lorentz
  • Emmanuele - Will audit the current donors and check that everybody received their benefits.
  • Emmanuele to start a wiki page on the community feedback of GUADEC 2012
  • Emmanuele to check the data mined by Tobi from ?PayPal and send it to Andreas

  • Joanie will send an email to both GNOME and KDE board lists to get us all together on the discussion for a desktop collaboration summit.
  • Joanie, Seif to go through the board-list archives to categorize the types of contacts and come up with the various areas
  • Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
  • Karen - To finish the Privacy Policy, get review from James Vasile, etc.
  • Karen - To continue working with Justin about renewing the old trademarks.
  • Karen - Will reach out to Mozilla to find advice about negotiating partnerships.
  • Karen - To continue following up with CiviCRM contractors.
  • Karen to contact foundation-list to get feedback for CiviCRM
  • Karen - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
  • Karen - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them.
  • Karen to investigate alternative solutions for CiviCRM (security, reliability)
  • Karen to contact sysadmin team to evaluate existing contract proposals
  • Karen to check if an AB meeting would be possible at the Boston Summit
  • Karen to look at other potential sponsors for Boston Summit
  • Karen and Joanie to get feedback on corporate sponsorship for the Boston Summit
  • Rosanna - Automate the process of entering PayPal information into GnuCash.

  • Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
  • Rosanna - Received the PO from Google for the GSOC payments; waiting for individual mentor travel receipts to submit invoice.
  • Seif to get more information on the event and create a proposal about a possible event in Egypt
  • Seif to send an email on board-list to start the discussion on the areas of involvement for each board member
  • Shaun - Will post the January 18th, 2012 IRC meeting minutes.
  • Shaun - To contact Dave Neary and Ekaterina Gerasimova to get a list of attendees to get feedback for the summit.
  • Shaun - To help out extracting the GNOME respondents of Describe FoundationBoard/Minutes/20111115 here.the Desktop Summit survey.
  • Shaun - To contact the previous editors of the Annual Report to gather a better picture of how to move forward.
  • Shaun - To coordinate with Germ├ín to write a report for the Financials section of the Annual Report.
  • Shaun - To start a discussion with Andrea about the Emeritus status.
  • Shaun - To finish the Financial section of the Annual Report before the end of the week (week 20).
  • Shaun - To review the Desktop Summit draft before the end of the week (week 20).
  • Shaun to forward the relevant information for the DDG partnership to Zana and Karen
  • Karen - to make LWN integration with CiviCRM one of the requirements for the contracted project

New Action Items

  • Emmanuele to send an email to Tobi for the updated list of donors from PayPal.

  • Karen to send an email to Meg about the funding of the GNOME GNights.

FoundationBoard/Minutes/20121106 (last edited 2012-11-20 14:34:09 by EmmanueleBassi)