Minutes for Meeting of April 17
- May 1, 2012
- Bastien Nocera
- Brian Cameron
- Germán Póo-Caamaño
- Karen Sandler
- Rosanna Yuen
- Stormy Peters
- Ryan Lortie
- Emmanuele Bassi (late)
Board Meeting Agenda
- Stormy mentioned that Vincent has talked about a useful command-line mail moderation tool that makes moderation easier.
ACTION: Stormy - Will touch base with Vincent to share information about how to use the command-line mailing list moderation .tool with the board.
- Still need to publish past minutes. No minutes have been published since January 2012.
- Minutes have been published on the Wiki.
ACTION: Emmanuele - To send emails to foundation-announce to publish past minutes at the end of the current meeting.
- According to the schedule from Tobias Mueller, the elections are announced on May 7th.
- I think we were supposed to announce 30 days in advance, which was 10 days ago.
- How should we proceed? Should we just announce now?
- Given the delay, should we push back the election day?
- The 30 days advance announcement is part of the by-laws for the AGM, and could lead to questioning the validity of the whole election process.
- For other meetings the advance has to be 10 days.
- The election is not done during the AGM.
- We should fix the by-laws, given that they don't reflect the reality.
- Why should we announce the election?
- Request from the membership team.
- Nice to let foundation members know
- Should this be done by the membership committee directly?
- The membership committee asked the president to send the announcement after they realized they bylaws states it.
ACTION: Brian - To send the announcement of the elections to foundation-list.
- Financial and Annual Report
- Update.on when will the Financial section of the Annual Report be done?
- Any ideas what the email from SEPA is about?
- Deadline for the annual report is April 23rd.
- Women's Outreach Program
- I think we pretty much decided to let the OPW organizers handle things. Is there more to discuss?
- Karen discussed the situation with Marina, and informed her of the decision of the board to defer to the OPW organizer.
- Collaboration Summit
- Discussions with Dirk Hohndel, Alan Clark and Keith Packard:
- Wayland hackfest
- Proposed by Keith Packard to solve integration issues between current toolkits and window managers and Wayland.
- Would need contacts from various teams:
- GTK+/Clutter/Mutter/GNOME Shell
- Google may fund/host an hackfest.
ACTION: Emmanuele - To gather names and information for a Wayland hackfest.
- The GNOME and Mono Festival of Love 2012
- David Nielsen asked for help with the visa.
- David said Fluendo may be interested in sponsoring.
- None planned.
- Collaboration Summit
- Friends of GNOME
- This week: $14,005 - $5,995 to go!
- Still says $12,760 - $7,240 to go!
- Problem updating again? It got updated after the last meeting.
PayPal is still painful to handle
- Two weeks ago: $12,760 - $7,240 to go!
- Four weeks ago: $10,631 - $9,369 to go
- Six weeks ago: $ 9,019 - $10,810 to go
- Eight weeks ago: $ 6,700 - $13,300 to go.
- Jim Campbell's email
- Zana emailed him back.
Karen contacted EFF to help us with importing PayPal data into CiviCRM and ease the handling of campaigns/fundraising.
- Karen has had interviews with the Economist, NTN24, BBC, WSJ, etc.
- Brian - To send the announcement of the elections to foundation-list.
- Emmanuele - To send emails to foundation-announce to publish past minutes at the end of the current meeting.
- Emmanuele - To finish publishing the minutes since February 7, 2012.
- Stormy - Will touch base with Vincent to share information about how to use the command-line mailing list moderation tool with the board.
Status of action items
- Bastien - To contact the BBC to discuss about possible collaboration in working directly with GNOME.
- Bastien - Reach out to the GNOME Advisory Board via email to see if they can help out with providing contacts at Yahoo.
- Bastien - To look into the toll-free US number for the conference call.
- Brian - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
- This has been done. Will close once the Foundation website is updated, refer to bug #644932.
- Brian - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them. Taken over from Jorge.
- Brian - Will take over organizing the GNOME Foundation IRC meetings.
- Germán - Will continue the discussion with Frédéric about the Gitorious instance on gnome.org. Touched based with Frédéric on Sep 30, we will elaborate more on his proposal once he has more time.
Germán - To inform the local GUADEC 2010 organization the decision to make final payment to cover remaining costs. Touched based with Reinount and Vincent. There was a misunderstanding with respect to Koen & Sanne working hours, we need to discuss it again. Everything is fine.
- Germán - To get in touch with Daniel to work on the Annual Report.
- Karen - Will follow up with CiviCRM contract.
- After some tracking down of the status of the communications, cedwards sent email to get discussions with Claudian moving again.
Karen - Will follow up with LojaGeek.
- Emailed, so far no response.
- Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
Karen - To contact GIMP, GStreamer, and PiTiVi to outline the board's thoughts about earmarked fund raising.
- Karen - Follow up with getting Alan Day and Sumana Harihareswara to sign the Copyright Assessment from SFLC. Transferred from Brian.
- Karen - To continue working with Justin about renewing the old trademarks.
- Karen - To communicate with the GNOME.asia bidders for sponsorship.
- Karen - Will put together a proposal on how we should update the bylaws to improve voting.
- Karen - Will reach out to Mozilla to find advice about negotiating partnerships.
- Karen - To write back to Xan/contact Duck Duck Go about the partnership offer.
- Karen - To ask the marketing team about the end of the current Friends of GNOME campaign and to start planning the next one.
Karen - To contact the marketing team to review the NixStickers logo in light of the GNOME branding guidelines.
Karen - To draft a response to Rodney's questions about DejaVu licensing.
Rosanna - Automate the process of entering PayPal information into GnuCash.
- Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
- Rosanna - To pay Baptiste Mille-Mathias for the stickers to bring at FOSDEM. - DONE
- Ryan - To help Alberto draft a public announcement regarding change in PGO editorial policy.
- Ryan - To talk to the release-team about the external dependencies process.
- Shaun - Will post the January 18th, 2012 IRC meeting minutes.
- Shaun - To contact Dave Neary and Ekaterina Gerasimova to get a list of attendees to get feedback for the summit.
- Shaun - To help out extracting the GNOME respondents of Describe FoundationBoard/Minutes/20111115 here.the Desktop Summit survey.
- Shaun - To contact the previous editors of the Annual Report to gather a better picture of how to move forward.
- Shaun - To coordinate with Germán to write a report for the Financials section of the Annual Report
- Shaun and Karen - To have a run-through over budget items.
- Stormy - will send an email to GWOP interns to attend the Grace Hopper Conference.
Stormy - Take care of GnuCash automation. Taken over from Paul & Behdad.
- Stormy - to ask LWN if they can automate it with gnome.org addresses
- Stormy - To send an email to the GNOME.asia list for plans for next year.
- Stormy - To create a wiki page on the accounts holders.