Minutes for Meeting of March 20
- April 3, 2012
- Brian Cameron
- Emmanuele Bassi
- Karen Sandler
- Rosanna Yuen
- Ryan Lortie
- Stormy Peters
- Bastien Nocera
- Germán Póo-Caamaño
Board Meeting Agenda
- Planet GNOME Policy
- Anything further to do, any announcements?
- Branch of Planet-Web needs to be merged to implement the changes.
- The change has already been announced, and the grace period has passed.
ACTION: Ryan - To ping Alberto to perform the merge of the Planet policy changes. (DONE)
- Alberto pointed out that there are a couple of blogs in the feed that would be removed with the new policy, but that would be nice to keep nevertheless.
- The board should try and reach out to these bloggers.
- Tobias Mueller again provided us with his comments about the by-laws.
- Karen hasn't responded yet, but she and Tobias had a little side-channel discussion.
- Updated budget from Shaun on March 12.
- Next Steps
- Smaller income from the advisory board fees.
- Increased spending compared to 2010, due to the presence of an executive director.
ACTION: Shaun - To coordinate with Germán to write a report for the Financials section of the Annual Report.
- Annual Report
- Should be ready around the same time as the GUADEC and GNOME.Asia event brochures.
- Waiting for design review and feedback.
- Some missing sections still, financial being the most important.
- None planned.
- How many hackfests are compatible with our budget?
- Past few years: around a dozen, each in the 2000-4000 USD range.
- We could also have a partially foundation-funded hackfest.
- We should involve the adboard members more.
- Gather a list of potential hackfests to propose for funding.
- Have a place on the wiki to brainstorm hackfest planning ideas, and publicize it.
- Friends of GNOME A11y Campaign
- This week: $10,631 - $9,369 to go!
- Two weeks ago: $9,019 - $10,810 to go
- Four weeks ago: $6,700 with $13,300 to go.
Brian - To talk to WilliamFromTexas about the sponsorship levels.
- Ryan - To ping Alberto to perform the merge of the Planet policy changes. This new action item was done by the end of the meeting.
Status of action items
- Bastien - To contact the BBC to discuss about possible collaboration in working directly with GNOME.
- Bastien - Reach out to the GNOME Advisory Board via email to see if they can help out with providing contacts at Yahoo.
- Bastien - To look into the toll-free US number for the conference call.
- Brian - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
- This has been done. Will close once the Foundation website is updated, refer to bug #644932.
- Brian - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them. Taken over from Jorge.
- Brian - Will take over organizing the GNOME Foundation IRC meetings.
- Germán - Will continue the discussion with Frédéric about the Gitorious instance on gnome.org. Touched based with Frédéric on Sep 30, we will elaborate more on his proposal once he has more time.
Germán - To inform the local GUADEC 2010 organization the decision to make final payment to cover remaining costs. Touched based with Reinount and Vincent. There was a misunderstanding with respect to Koen & Sanne working hours, we need to discuss it again. Everything is fine.
- Germán - To get in touch with Daniel to work on the Annual Report.
- Karen - Will follow up with CiviCRM contract.
- After some tracking down of the status of the communications, cedwards sent email to get discussions with Claudian moving again.
Karen - Will follow up with LojaGeek.
- Emailed, so far no response.
- Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
Karen - To contact GIMP, GStreamer, and PiTiVi to outline the board's thoughts about earmarked fund raising.
- Karen - Follow up with getting Alan Day and Sumana Harihareswara to sign the Copyright Assessment from SFLC. Transferred from Brian.
- Karen - To continue working with Justin about renewing the old trademarks.
- Karen - To communicate with the GNOME.asia bidders for sponsorship.
- Karen - Will put together a proposal on how we should update the bylaws to improve voting.
Rosanna - Automate the process of entering PayPal information into GnuCash.
- Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
- Rosanna - To pay Baptiste Mille-Mathias for the stickers to bring at FOSDEM. - DONE
- Ryan - To help Alberto draft a public announcement regarding change in PGO editorial policy.
- Ryan - To talk to the release-team about the external dependencies process.
- Shaun - Will post the January 18th, 2012 IRC meeting minutes.
- Shaun - To contact Dave Neary and Ekaterina Gerasimova to get a list of attendees to get feedback for the summit.
- Shaun - To help out extracting the GNOME respondents of Describe FoundationBoard/Minutes/20111115 here.the Desktop Summit survey.
- Shaun - To contact the previous editors of the Annual Report to gather a better picture of how to move forward.
- Shaun and Karen - To have a run-through over budget items.
- Stormy - will send an email to GWOP interns to attend the Grace Hopper Conference.
Stormy - Take care of GnuCash automation. Taken over from Paul & Behdad.
- Stormy - to ask LWN if they can automate it with gnome.org addresses
- Stormy - To send an email to the GNOME.asia list for plans for next year.
- Stormy - To create a wiki page on the accounts holders.
New Action Items
- Shaun - To coordinate with Germán to write a report for the Financials section of the Annual Report.
Discussed on the mailing list
- The board decided to keep the meeting to 15:00 UTC to accommodate Stormy's schedule.
- GUADEC 2012 Planning.
- GUADEC Planning meeting on 12 March 2012 UTC 16:00.
Helping WilliamFromTexas with making decisions about the sponsorship brochure.
- Talking with KDE board about the future of Desktop Summit.
- GUADEC 2012 Planning.
- Further review and suggestions for improvement of Shaun's budget.
- Tobias Mueller discussing opportunities to improve the by-laws with the board.
- Review of Q4 Report