Minutes for Meeting of February 21

Next Meeting

  • March 6, 2012


  • Bastien Nocera
  • Brian Cameron
  • Emmanuele Bassi
  • Germán Póo-Caamaño
  • Karen Sandler
  • Rosanna Yuen
  • Ryan Lortie
  • Shaun McCance

  • Stormy Peters



Board Meeting Agenda

Completed Actions

  • Emmanuele - To ask Simon Schampijer to write a report on the gtk hackfest (DONE)
  • Emmanuele - Will ask the GStreamer and WebKitGTK+ communities for reports on the hackfests to the adboard (DONE)

Status of action items

  • Bastien - To contact the BBC to discuss about possible collaboration in working directly with GNOME.
  • Bastien - Reach out to the GNOME Advisory Board via email to see if they can help out with providing contacts at Yahoo.
  • Brian - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
  • Brian - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them. Taken over from Jorge.
  • Brian - Will take over organizing the GNOME Foundation IRC meetings.
  • Germán - Will continue the discussion with Frédéric about the Gitorious instance on gnome.org. Touched based with Frédéric on Sep 30, we will elaborate more on his proposal once he has more time.
  • Germán - To inform the local GUADEC 2010 organization the decision to make final payment to cover remaining costs. Touched based with Reinount and Vincent. There was a misunderstanding with respect to Koen & Sanne working hours, we need to discuss it again. Everything is fine.

  • Germán - To get in touch with Daniel to work on the Annual Report.
  • Karen - Will follow up with CiviCRM contract.
    • After some tracking down of the status of the communications, cedwards sent email to get discussions with Claudian moving again.
  • Karen - Will follow up with LojaGeek.

    • Emailed, so far no response.
  • Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
  • Karen - Will work with Gil Forcada from guifi.net and gnome-marketing to define the best way for organizations like guifi.net to participate in the GNOME community. Not many replies from the community. Diego Urrelo will draft something more concrete for gnome-marketing to determine the best name and process for managing this. There was a discussion on the mailing list and a few good ideas, Diego will wrap them up and send them again for further comments. Will follow-up with Board to read the Advisory Board fees for small businesses proposal, ask for feedback and set a date to vote by.
    • Have been in touch with Gil
  • Karen - To finish the Privacy Policy, get review from James Vasile, etc.
  • Karen - To contact GIMP, GStreamer, and PiTiVi to outline the board's thoughts about earmarked fund raising.

  • Karen - Follow up with getting Alan Day and Sumana Harihareswara to sign the Copyright Assessment from SFLC. Transferred from Brian.
  • Karen - To continue working with Justin about renewing the old trademarks.
  • Karen - To communicate with the GNOME.asia bidders for sponsorship.
  • Karen - To send an email to the board-list and adboard list for the announcement and request for agenda topics.
  • Karen - To talk to Simon about an amendment to OSI's charter to mention freedom.
  • Karen - Will put together a proposal on how we should update the bylaws to improve voting.
  • Karen - Will touch base with Ryan to move forward with putting together a proposal for announcing Desktop Summit decisions.
  • Rosanna - Automate the process of entering PayPal information into GnuCash.

  • Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
  • Rosanna - To pay Baptiste Mille-Mathias for the stickers to bring at FOSDEM. - DONE
  • Ryan - To help Alberto draft a public announcement regarding change in PGO editorial policy.
  • Ryan - To talk to the release-team about the external dependencies process.
  • Shaun - Will post the January 18th, 2012 IRC meeting minutes.
  • Shaun - To contact Dave Neary and Ekaterina Gerasimova to get a list of attendees to get feedback for the summit.
  • Shaun - To help out extracting the GNOME respondents of Describe FoundationBoard/Minutes/20111115 here.the Desktop Summit survey.
  • Shaun - To contact the previous editors of the Annual Report to gather a better picture of how to move forward.
  • Stormy - will send an email to GWOP interns to attend the Grace Hopper Conference.
  • Stormy - Take care of GnuCash automation. Taken over from Paul & Behdad.

  • Stormy - to ask LWN if they can automate it with gnome.org addresses
  • Stormy - To send an email to the GNOME.asia list for plans for next year.
  • Stormy - To create a wiki page on the accounts holders.

New Action Items

  • Brian - Will talk with Tobias about where the Foundation voting website went.
  • Karen - Will confirm what bylaws say about starting date
  • Karen - To contact Jason to raise the point/lead the session on distribution feedback and sharing at the advisory board.

Discussed on the mailing list

FoundationBoard/Minutes/20120221 (last edited 2012-04-17 08:07:57 by EmmanueleBassi)