Minutes for Meeting of June 28th, 2011
- July 12th, 2011
- Andreas Nilsson
- Bastien Nocera
- Brian Cameron
- Germán Póo-Caamaño
- Karen Sandler
- Rosanna Yuen
- Og Maciel
- Stormy Peters
- Emily Chen
- Review past action items.
- Did each person update their action items?
- Approve and make sure that minutes of last meeting were published to foundation-announce and foundation-list.
- Make sure to use gobby server for better minute taking.
- New board and next meeting
- Election results announced
- The next board will include:
- Bastien Nocera
- Brian Cameron
- Emmanuele Bassi
- Stormy Peters
- Germán Póo-Caamaño
- Ryan Lortie
ACTION: Germán - To touch base with the membership committee about finalizing the vote, and to invite the new members to the next board meeting.
- CA Legal Status
- The GNOME Foundation is no longer a suspended organization in the state of California. Thanks Karen!
- GNOME Foundation IRC meeting on June 29th.
ACTION: Andreas - Will moderate the IRC meeting on the 29th.
- GObject-Introspection Hackfest
ACTION: Germán - Will touch base with the GObject-Introspection Hackfest and make sure that people attending also attend the Desktop Summit if possible.
- Olav Vitters pinged the board about RHN entitlements.
ACTION: Bastien - Will touch base with the appropriate people in Red Hat to see if the RHN entitlements can be approved.
- There are some GNOME related domains that need to be transferred to The GNOME Foundation.
ACTION: Karen - Will take over discussions to take over ownership of some GNOME related domains.
LojaGeek.com needs attention with their merchandising agreement.
ACTION: Brian - Will provide Karen with past discussions about LojaGeek.
ACTION: Karen - Will follow up with LojaGeek.
- Boston Summit Organization
ACTION: Karen - Will contact people to try and push forward the organization of Boston Summit.
- Debian/GNOME logo license question
ACTION: Karen - Will follow up with Debian about their usage of the GNOME logo.
- Emily - Will work with Pockey Lam to ensure that MOSC2011 (Malaysia, July 3-5, 2011) has the GNOME resources needed.
- Emily - Will contact the guadec-list and gugmeisters mailing lists to encourage people to get involved with GUADEC 2012 planning.
- Emily - To contact owners of the Quarterly Report sections and get the reports finished.
Status of action items
Andreas - To ask Kat if she can reach out to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list about finding local German volunteers to help with the Desktop Summit 2011. (will ping again)
- Andreas - Will look into the possibility of a Desktop Summit design where the facade is more neutral.
- Andreas - Will blog a Desktop Summit status report.
- Andreas - Will discuss with Ryan Lortie providing support contracts for GTK+.
- Andreas - To verify meeting times for the Desktop Summit. That August 9th is a good date for the board and AGM meetings and August 10th for the Advisory Board meeting. Will confirm on board list, then the advisory board list.
- Andreas - To start work on next 2011 Annual Report ASAP (due start FY2012). Taken over from Paul.
- Andreas - Will help Emily publish the quarterly report.
- Bastien - To discuss the use of badges (a-la Creative Commons, last.fm page colors, or PSN badges).
- Bastien - To talk to Olav Vitters about using bugzilla to track Friends of GNOME post card sending.
- Bastien - To get _a_ WebOS/Palm contact from Lennart Poettering.
- Bastien - To contact the BBC to discuss about possible collaboration in working directly with GNOME.
- Bastien - Will reach out to Dave Richards from the City of Largo to plan for a hackfest there.
- Bastien - Reach out to the GNOME Advisory Board via email to see if they can help out with providing contacts at Yahoo.
Bastien - To make sure that the "IM, Contacts & Social Hackfest" gets added to http://live.gnome.org/Hackfests.
- Bastien - To put together a proposal for how technical issues could be mediated within the community.
- Brian - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
- Brian - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them. Taken over from Jorge.
- Brian - Will follow up with the lawyers to discuss what would be involved to provide liability protection like what the Conservancy provides and to see if they have any perspective about whether the GNOME Foundation should allow GNOME projects to join Conservancy.
- Brian - Will touch base with the GIMP organizers to find out their plans for the GIMP money.
Brian & Og - To coordinate a fund raising meeting with the GStreamer, a11y, GIMP, and Banshee teams. Will draft an agenda.
- Brian - Follow up with getting Alan Day and Sumana Harihareswara to sign the Copyright Assessment from SFLC.
Emily & Andreas - Will publish the Q1 quarterly report on the web on Friday.
- Germán - To discuss with GNOME Hispano about them handling GNOME Foundation money in Euros (€).
- Germán - To track if the new method of boletos generates more or less money from Brazil.
- Germán - Will assist with the GNOME 3 as a Foundation goal task and to help in getting the GNOME 3 as a Foundation Goal survey topics together. (Handing over to someone else).
- Germán - Will finish the Financial section of the quarterly report.
- Germán - Will talk to membership committee to see if we can do something to help remind people to renew memberships to avoid people losing the ability to vote.
- Germán - To send link to previous year's GUADEC's budgets to guadec-list.
- Karen - Will compose a press release by the end of the week.
- Og - Update the blog and planet to highlight that people are expected to sign and follow the GNOME Code of Conduct.
- As per Paul's recommendation, I have emailed Vincent to ask him what his idea is for doing this.
- Still have not heard back from Vincent Untz.
Still on ToDo.
- Og - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
Still on ToDo.
- Paul - Will work with Gil Forcada from guifi.net and gnome-marketing to define the best way for organizations like guifi.net to participate in the GNOME community. Not many replies from the community. Diego Urrelo will draft something more concrete for gnome-marketing to determine the best name and process for managing this. There was a discussion on the mailing list and a few good ideas, Diego will wrap them up and send them again for further comments.
- Paul - Will follow-up with Board to read the Advisory Board fees for small businesses proposal, ask for feedback and set a date to vote by.
- Paul - To review Justin's email about updating trademark agreements and email the marketing team for feedback.
- Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
Rosanna - Automate the process of entering PayPal information into GnuCash.
Stormy - Take care of GnuCash automation. Taken over from Paul & Behdad.
- All board members - To review and comment Brian's April 14th proposal regarding better organizing earmarked fundraising.
- Unowned - To find a way to automate the process of exporting results from internal review process and email it to the board.
New Action Items
- Andreas - To touch base with the membership committee about finalizing the vote, and to invite the new members to the next board meeting.
- Andreas - Will moderate the IRC meeting on the 29th.
- Bastien - Will touch base with the appropriate people in Red Hat to see if the RHN entitlements can be approved.
Brian - Will provide Karen with past discussions about LojaGeek.
- Emily - Get the Q1 reports published, and get the 2011 Q2 report started.
- Germán - Will touch base with the GObject-Introspection Hackfest and make sure that people attending also attend the Desktop Summit if possible.
- Karen - Will take over discussions to take over ownership of some GNOME related domains.
Karen - Will follow up with LojaGeek.
- Karen - Will contact people to try and push forward the organization of Boston Summit.
- Emailed boston-social, talked to Walter Bender, emailed Jonathan Blandford.
- Karen - Will follow up with Debian about their usage of the GNOME logo.
- Emailed with Stefano Zacchiroli, left it that GNOME needs to decide whether it wants to permit this new combined logo use.
Discussed on the mailing list
- Discussion about announcing Karen Sandler as the new GNOME Foundation ED, such as handling the press release, an LWN interview, etc.
- Welcome Karen!
- Planning for the Advisory Board meeting on June 21st.
- Planning for the GNOME Foundation IRC meetings on June 15th and 29th.
- Discussion about when to have the new board members start joining meetings.
- Discussion about planning a GObject-Introspection Hackfest from August 10th to August 15th in Berlin. A travel budget is under consideration and discussion.
- Discussion planning for the Desktop Summit and working on the budget.
- Discussion about the GUADEC 2012 Call for Bids. A bid from Brno, Czech Republic was received.
- Discussion about having GNOME participate in MOSC2011 conference in Malaysia.
- The GNOME Foundation is helping to sponsor and send speakers to COSCUP 2011 in Taiwan.
- Discussion about finalizing the GNOME.Asia finances.
- Finalizing the Q1 Quarterly Report.
- Michael Natterer from GIMP requested 1596.00 € for the GIMP meeting at this year's Chaos Communication Camp. This was approved by the board via email.
- Rosanna provided an update that the bank has returned the money from all fraudulent checks and they are implementing changes to avoid problems like this in the future.
- A Foundation member complained about an inappropriate post to Planet, which the board addressed.
- A person representing Debian asked the GNOME Foundation about how Debian is using the GNOME logo. The board is considering this now.