Minutes for Meeting of Dec. 10, 2008
Jan. 7, 2009
- ad board meeting: Brian has tried to start some discussion on mailing lists; Stormy to send out some preparatory comments. Some discussion about how to make these meetings more effective.
- GUADEC: discussion in preparation for organization meeting next week- sites for advisory board meeting, sponsorship/finances, etc. Team-based approach is going well; discussion going on in guadec-planning list.
- GUADLAC: ACTION: Diego to follow up with tentative organizers.
- insurance: Insurance policy is in place; some paperwork still in process. ACTION: Luis to discuss some waivers and CS state forms with WSGR; Stormy to discuss with James.
- annual report: Lucas working to distribute work better than last year. Getting bids from a variety of sources. Some discussion of quality of the printing and content.
- Diego: yay!
Discussed on board-list
- DVCS Survey: board helped revise text of survey to determine developer preferences between various DVCSs.
- OSiM: approved loose relationship with OSiM as part of GNOME Mobile work.
- development practices: wide-ranging discussion of innovation and the relationship between GNOME and distributors, in part as preparation for next ad board meeting.