Minutes for Meeting of 2008-10-22

Next Meeting

Oct. 29th (owing to delay of Oct. 15th meeting)


  • Luis
  • Lucas
  • Vincent
  • J5
  • Behdad
  • Stormy
  • Zana


  • Jeff
  • Brian


New items

  • November adboard prep: theoretical topic is GNOME 3.0; date is Nov. 12. Obviously want to build on hackfest; presenters might be Owen/Vincent/Federico. Topics might include release management and timeline management, as well as UI issues. Goal of meeting is not to have a complete schedule, but to at least discuss it. ACTION: Vincent will be drafting a rough schedule for RT meeting Sunday. ACTION: Lucas will work on AB meeting content. ACTION: Vincent to work on getting Owen and Federico to the meeting.
  • Boston Summit follow up plans: major topics were a11y, gobject introspection, and UI hackfest. Luis wants to publicly commit resources to moving the UI hackfest process forward; J5 suggests we want to get prototypes before we commit more resources. Extended discussion about this issue, including discussion of role in next year's budget, etc. ACTION: Lucas will work with release-team to move forward; financial issues will be discussed on-list.
  • Sugar Foundation: ACTION: Stormy will invite to join the Foundation.
  • quick discussion of GNOME, KDE, and Sun; ACTION: stormy to start discussion on list.
  • 2 misuses of GNOME logo: ACTION: Luis to work on draft letter for appropriate cases.
  • Feedback for stormy and bonus: ongoing discussion.
  • Lucas will miss some meetings b/c of moving to London.

Discussed on board-list

  • mobile: discussed goals of overall Mobile project and goals of Mobile committee; smallest common denominators v. BHAGs, etc.
  • advisory board meeting: discussed, planned Oct. 8 ad board meeting
  • insurance: ongoing discussion of D&O insurance.

FoundationBoard/Minutes/20081022 (last edited 2010-01-31 00:59:26 by LucasRocha)