Minutes for Meeting of 2008-09-03
- James Vasile (guest)
- GUADEC 2009: ongoing discussion of budget/strategy; planning for next meeting. ACTION: Stormy and John to attend planning meeting.
- GNOME.Asia: ACTION: Stormy to propose list of replacement speakers to Dave
- insurance: (covered on list)
- hackfests: no news.
- Summit: prep is ongoing.
- stormy goals: update on progress from John, Stormy. ACTION: Jon to elaborate and clarify; board to thumbs up/thumbs down.
- next ad board meeting: ACTION: Stormy and Vincent will continue working on this.
- ad board meeting after that: discussion on list
financial report: Board profusely thanks Zana for her work on this. Behdad points at http://ev.kde.org/reports/ev-quarterly-2008Q1-Q2.pdf - some discussion of whether or not that would be appropriate for us. ACTION: Vincent to publish to the web; Stormy to draft announce.
- demo/video stuff: can we/do we want to move forward there?
Discussed on board-list
- Meeting w/ KDE about GUADEC/Akademy 2009 being scheduled for early September in Berlin.
- 2007 Financial Report done and to be published soon.
- All taxes through 2007 filed.
- Oked GNOME logo for GNOME Developer's Guide. (GNOME Foundation to get some rights to guide, TBD.)
- Oked GNOME logo for GUADEC/Akademy 2009.
- Announcing new mobile stewardship team.
- Approved various hackfests:
- desktop search
- Presented to HP internal teams about GNOME Foundation to see if there's other teams in HP that want to engage with the GNOME Foundation.
- GUADEC 2007 accounts closed
- Rebalanced the budget for 2008
- Finance meeting with Advisory Board
- mobile commitee announce
- discuss IRC chat with ED. Do we want an on-IRC board meeting once a month?