Minutes for Meeting of Feb. 13th, 2008

Next Meeting

Feb. 27th


  • Luis
  • Lucas
  • Brian
  • Behdad
  • J5
  • Vincent


  • Jeff


Old items

  • insurance: ACTION: Brian to put remaining questions for insurance forms in wiki so that rest of board can help fill them out. [DONE; other board members have edited.]

  • foundation.gnome.org: ACTION: Jeff to wiki-fy foundation.gnome.org, with privacy on by default. STATUS: On hold.

  • system administrator: STATUS: on hold b/c of lack of time; volunteers to refine the job description needed- contact Vincent Untz.

  • Mozilla: OWNERS: Vincent, Dave Neary STATUS: Press release ready to send out.

  • Business developer: We have a [http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2006-October/msg00001.html old draft job description] [see also http://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoardPrivate/ExecutiveDirector]; may need to refine/redraft/update. ACTION: J5 to look at old announces and update.

  • merchandise: STATUS: moving forward; jewelry manufacturer to provide samples and list of products. Dave Neary is contact. J5 to contact Dave Neary to understand past efforts to setting up a GNOME store, to see if we can move forward with that. (past work at http://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/MerchandisingAgreement )

  • Board Time Management: Board seems generally pleased with Tracks; ACTION: Luis to investigate sending out reminder emails for pending actions.

  • goals: ACTION: Lucas: start mailing list discussion about goals for the next 6-12 months. STATUS: Lucas has started the discussion on board mailing list.

  • officers: after discussion on list and IRC, board has selected the following officers: President/Chairman: Behdad; Vice-President/Vice-Chair: Lucas; Secretary: Luis; Treasurer John. Luis has confirmed that we may need to update the charter, but that this can be done. STATUS: charter and bylaws available in co-ment.net for comments/editing/updating.

New items

  • Linux Foundation: Behdad has been in contact with them about events; will pass on more details to mailing list. Several board members may also go to the Collaboration Summit, run by Linux Foundation, so may have some more details after that.


  • finances: updates on hold through Zana's maternity leave.

  • GTK+ Hackfest: ongoing; working on schedule. Everything on track.

  • GUADEC: slightly behind schedule, but website is ready and will be launched shortly.

  • a11y program: announcement upcoming; lists of tasks exists but needs to go to Bugzilla.

  • Summit: on hold until May as a result of MIT's booking policies.

  • Budget: ACTION: Vincent to send draft to advisory board for feedback.

  • Annual Report: At printers; we are waiting for proof copies before distributing further.

Discussed on board-list

  • Unicode Consortium: Proposed and approved that GNOME will join the Unicode Consortium as a Liason; this has now occurred and will be more formally announced once we are present on their website.

  • gnome.asia: GNOME now owns the gnome.asia domain as part of planning for the first GNOME Asia summit.

  • Guidestar: Board discussed becoming up-to-date with new requirements for publishing on the Guidestar non-profit ratings site; JRB to discuss some issues with accountant and Luis to discuss others with lawyers.

  • Charter: Luis pointed out that the Foundation Charter has been in Draft since 2001; some discussion was made about doing the (hopefully minor) work necessary to review, update, and 'finalize' it as a 1.0 instead of 0.61, but no actions were taken.

  • Legal: Luis updated the board on ongoing legal issues; will require some budget for trademark work (approved). Brian took an ACTION to discuss clean-room policies with some GNOME partners.

FoundationBoard/Minutes/20080213 (last edited 2010-01-31 01:08:45 by LucasRocha)