GNOME Foundation Board
The GNOME Foundation Board of Directors promotes GNOME, a free software project. Information about board activities can be found on this page.
For general information about The GNOME Foundation, please refer to http://www.gnome.org/foundation.
The current set of members: FoundationBoard/CurrentBoardGroup
Previous board members: FoundationBoard/OldBoardGroup
More resources can be found on the resources page.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepares an agenda and sends it 2 days before the board meeting
- Makes sure that meeting details are available (phone number, asterisk server, etc.)
- Leads the meeting, following the agenda, makes sure we don't get tied in knots.
This post is being held currently by Shaun McCance
- In the absence of the Chairman shall perform the duties of the Chairman.
This post is being held currently by Jeff Fortin Tam
- Takes minutes of board and advisory board meetings.
- Publishes meeting minutes within a week or two of the meeting.
- Takes note of actions and discussion since the preceding meeting (such as items discussed on the board mailing list) and ensures they are included in the meeting minutes.
- Strives to keep information (such as process documentation) on the GNOME Foundation website and Wiki organized.
This post is being held currently by Andrea Veri
- In the absence of the Secretary shall perform the duties of the Secretary.
This post is being held currently by Cosimo Cecchi
- Monthly report to board on financial situation (cash, receivables, outstanding bills, expenditures, income)
- Interact with accountant
This post is being held currently by Ekaterina Gerasimova
Coupled with the above, we have a set of roles within the board to allow us to know who is responsible as a point of contact for various items
- Primarily it's our contact with the Release Team
- Also facilitation and help on request connecting either internal GNOME teams/people and external development collaboration projects like freedesktop.org, desktop architects and so on.
- Contact with GUADEC, Boston Summit and any event with GNOME participation
- Answering requests for funding actions / people in conferences.
- Contact with the Sysadmin/Infrastructure Team, servers ownership and anything related to hardware and hosting.
- Contact with the Legal Team, copyrights and licensing.
- Anything where a lawyer may help.
- Contact with the Marketing Team, budget for merchandising, campaigns.
- Contact with the current marketing-private, Press team and Press contact.
- Contact with the GNOME ecosystem of free software organizations, companies, public sector, university...
- Something like a Foreign Affairs Ministry.
Note to board members: this page is visible to the public. Please put private information in FoundationBoardPrivate.