GNOME Foundation Board
The board can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepares an agenda and sends it 2 days before the board meeting
- Makes sure that meeting details are available (phone number, asterisk server, etc.)
- Leads the meeting, following the agenda, makes sure we don't get tied in knots.
This post is being held currently by Nuritzi Sanchez
- In the absence of the Chairman shall perform the duties of the Chairman.
This post is being held currently by Allan Day
- Takes minutes of board and advisory board meetings.
- Publishes meeting minutes within a week or two of the meeting.
- Takes note of actions and discussion since the preceding meeting (such as items discussed on the board mailing list) and ensures they are included in the meeting minutes.
- Strives to keep information (such as process documentation) on the GNOME Foundation website and Wiki organized.
This post is being held currently by Alexandre Franke
- In the absence of the Secretary shall perform the duties of the Secretary.
This post is being held currently by Cosimo Cecchi
- Monthly report to board on financial situation (cash, receivables, outstanding bills, expenditures, income)
- Interact with accountant
This post is being held currently by Carlos Soriano
In addition to the above roles, all board members are required to:
- Attend board meetings (currently 1 hour every week).
- Attend the two days of in-person meetings prior to GUADEC.
- Promptly respond to board-list, particularly votes that are held there.
- Occasionally take on board tasks. These are typically small and often require you to liase with other individuals or organizations. However, sometimes they are larger in scope.
- Don't block initiatives: don't volunteer to do tasks that you're incapable of doing. If you don't think you have time to complete a task, let the rest of the board know.
- Represent the board when interacting with community members. If someone raises concerns or issues in your presence, respond appropriately. Consider whether it's an issue that needs to be brought to the rest of the board. Remember that you're an elected representative.
- Keep confidential discussions private. This includes legal discussions or conversations with the Advisory Board.
More resources can be found on the resources page.
Old pages we don't use any more.
GNOME Foundation blog- it's still out there!
Note to board members: this page is visible to the public. Please put private information in FoundationBoardPrivate.