GNOME 3.0 Release Marketing
This page is the central place for information relating to GNOME 3.0 release marketing activities.
GNOME 3.0 has been released, but we still need to keep on promoting it! All of the activities in how to help are ongoing. Please help out.
How to help
GNOME 3.0 marketing needs help from as many people as possible. We've listed tasks on the Tasks page. There are lots of ways to contribute, including:
- Sending out positive messages regarding GNOME 3. This can include blog posts, tweets, dents, status updates or forum posts.
- If you are a developer who has contributed to GNOME 3, it would be really helpful for you to blog about what you have done and/or what you are looking forward to in GNOME 3!
Being a positive voice in user communities (including distribution user forums, for instance) and correcting misinformation as you find it (the gnome3.org FAQ, GNOME3Myths page and GNOME Shell design FAQ should be useful there)
Helping to write marketing materials, including content for www.gnome3.org, the release notes and press release.
If you would like to help, please get in touch using the contact details on the marketing home page.
- Press resources
- Press release
GNOME 3 design history - the story behind the design of GNOME 3
- News and feeds - www.gnome.org, Twitter, Identica
- Press liaison (Getting in touch with press contacts, informing them about the release and providing them with the press release.)
- User group outreach (Roaming the Interwebs, correcting FUD and spreading good vibes.)
- Presentations and talks
Lessons Learned: post-release analysis of what went well and what we'd do differently if we could do it again
Resources and Planning
GNOME 3 Marketing Hackfest
Much of the GNOME 3 marketing was planned at the marketing hackfest which was held in November 2009. Information about the hackfest can be found in the following blog posts: