= Engagement Team Meeting on March 17th 2017=
Items from last time:
Google ads (Rosanna)
- Found their website (google.com/grants)
- We'd need to write a blurb and maintain keywords for them
- Would need pruning/maintainence every quarter or so
- Sri was going to check in with Justin to see if he has interest in handling this
News items (Allan)
- Release announcement done \o/
- Everything seems to be ready for the release
Release parties (Nurtizi)
- We have the page up about these
- Some people are asking for budget
- Possibly make more public?
- Could do with some info about how to do a release party
- Now for next release
- Social media assets for future releases (badges etc)
- Email from Biraj, Nuritzi to reply, point out new brand guidelines. Andreas or Bastian may be able to help with feedback
- Postponed for now
Annual report (Neil)
Indian Government conference (Sri)
20th Birthday (Allan)
- Invitations - Allan to poke people, not done yet.
- Video almost complete
- Email out to FoG
- Neil to check with Tobi if we just get a list of email addresses or need to use a system
- Nuritzi has stickers!
- Some to be carried over by Endless folk for Neil/Allan to hand out at events
- Some for the hackfest
- GTK one Mon-Weds
Rust one at end of month (29th -> 31st March)
- Use social media to promote, and keep an eye out for things that happen
- Promote FoG
- Makes hackfests etc possible
- Would be nice to get some pictures from the hackfests
- Perhaps intimidating for newcomers?
- Public meeting once a month?
- Hangouts on air
- Need a list of things people can do
- Recruit people!
- Target designers etc?
- All - think up some examples of short tasks for newcomers
- Possibly make better use of the engagement blog (TIL: there's an engagement blog)