Annual Report 2015
This is the workspace for the production of the 2015 GNOME Annual Report. The report covers the 2015 financial year, which ran from the beginning of October 2014 to end of September 2015. However, some sections (such as the annual Bugzilla report) cover the 2014 calendar year.
If you're interested to contribute to the report, please add your name here!
Photo gatherer: CassandraSanchez
Production schedule/critical path
Kick-off meeting - Ideas & suggestions, finalize content outline and etc - suggest to include as an agenda item in the upcoming Engagement team meeting i.e week of Jan 25th
Identify and recruit contributors - writers, designer(s), editor(s), proof-readers etc. - by mid-February
Write - First draft of content - to be ready by March 31, 2016 - revised
- Photographs - Gathering of photos, checking licenses (concurrent with #3)
- Draft review (1 week)
- String freeze - final proof-read (3-4 days)
- Editor sign-off
- Design and layout (2 weeks?)
- Design-proofing and approval or feedback (3/4 days)
- Final design approved
- Printing/online production
Distribution - end June
Join or follow
Sign up for https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/engagement-list, post there, read the archives https://mail.gnome.org/archives/engagement-list/index.html#thread
You can also directly contact AdeliaRahim.
Articles and Sections
Here's the plan, derived from last year (but reordered for the 2015 edition):
- Table of contents
- Advisory Board
Points to ponder:
What else must we include and what else do we want to include?
- What, in this outline and in previous reports have we seen that we like, and which ones don’t appeal? Why?
- What is the story we want to tell about GNOME, and how can this report help that?
Ideas & Suggestions
- Using statistics and numbers to tell our story e.g. "GNOME Foundation by the numbers". Can we think of any meaningful stats/numbers to highlight? # of new foundation members or total # of foundation members, # of attendees at GUADEC 2015 (to show the size of GNOME's footprint - pun intended)
- 2015 Highlights in a visual timeline (by dates) so readers can see GNOME's year in a glance (events, releases, conferences, noteworthy statement releases etc)
Have any photos you'd like to contribute to the 2015 Annual Report, you want to share?! Instructions here - http://bit.ly/1RZMh8B - Help make our 2015 Annual Report the best yet!
GNOME Peru Fest 2015: https://lleksah.wordpress.com/2015/03/19/i-organize-therefore-i-am-gnome-peru-fest-2015/
- West Coast Summit 2015:
Boston Summit 2015: https://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2015/10/11/boston-gnome-summit-update/
GStreamer Hackfest 2015: https://blogs.igalia.com/vjaquez/2015/03/18/gstreamer-hackfest-2015/
GStreamer summer Hackfest 2015: http://luisbg.blogalia.com/historias/75813