The Overview of the Gnome Platform is the entry point into the world of Gnome development. It is getting a bit stale. Let's update it and make it kick ass!
- Add a glossary, or an on-hover definition of difficult terms (library names, objects, etc.)
- Add links to translated versions of the document.
- Check links to external sites.
Make block diagram of the Gnome platform (see the bottom of the GIO docs for an example).
- Make the first paragraph of each section simpler, so that beginners know what is being talked about.
- Put examples of real-world applications that use each module.
- Mention jhbuild.
- Mention man-pages.
- Mention pkg-config.