Set the background image for the session and for the lock screen.
Thomas Wood, Bastien Nocera, Design team.
- Set the session or lock screen background using
- Default set of images, including dynamic time aware (changes depending on the time of day) images
- Photo from personal library
- A flat color
- Do so efficiently without too many clicks
- Easily preview new wallpapers
- Easily revert back to the previous wallpaper
- Set a default background for all users on a multiuser system
- Background slideshows (as in defining individual images to be part of a slideshow)
- Set a different background per display
- Combine an RGBA image with color or gradient background.
- Set image for lock screen separately (?)
- Dynamic / Web service wallpapers relying on data connection should only pull data when on wired and wi-fi, not cellular. Indicate with a message notification when trying to pull.
While settings are instant-apply, windows and this setting panel itself obscure the view to get a full visual feedback on how things will look in the end >> big monitor preview (There is a slight disconnect in the case of multiple displays).
- There is no obvious way of choosing another folder for the wallpapers. Eg, a wallpaper subdirectory under Pictures.
- Background for both desktop and lock screen can be changed with a single click
- Previewing wallpapers is much easier (hover a thumbnail and click preview)
- Undo setting a background via in-app notification
- It's not obvious that this applies to both desktop and lock screen
- Desktop and lock screen wallpapers cannot be changed separately