Time Zone Selection
- Allow the current location to be automatically determined
- Don't require geographical knowledge
- Handle localisation issues - different spellings and names for places
- The map is not interactive - clicking on it does not select a location.
- Each location is identified by the bubble only - the area of the time zone is not highlighted.
- In clocks, it should be possible to search for a time zone. In this case the time zone is highlighted.
- Should only include one result per city.
- Should rank results in order of popularity/relevance.
- Should include time zones when used in Clocks.
- Should include only "popular"/"significant" cities (most populous cities plus capitals, for example).
- It should be possible to search for the "native" spelling of a place, irrespective of the configured display language. For example, on a computer set to Spanish, it should be possible to search for "London" or "Londres".
- Search should match cities using a "simple spelling" that does not require special characters. For example, it should be possible to search for "Munchen" and get a result for "München".
- It would be really fantastic if we could use fuzzy search to return misspellings, like returning "Barcelona" for "Barcalona" or "Marseille" for "Marsielle"