GUADEC 2010 HIG BoF Notes
Notes from the BoF session on the new version of the HIG:
- Developers prefer screenshots (or screenshot mockups) to wireframes (Charlene)
- Template/examples too wordy-- or at least, present too much information at same time. Would be good to present Mediawiki-style, with a 'Talk' page or similar for the discussion sections.
- Would be useful to have cross-references (both ways) with Gtk docs... patterns point to docs for individual widgets, and Gtk docs point to patterns that use particular widgets.
- Would be great to be able to drag pattern .ui files and/or code samples straight into Glade/Anjuta/other IDE! (Jon)
- Probably not all patterns will use all sections of the template.
- Documentation section possibly not needed, as most patterns probably won't be doing things that the online help needs to describe click-by-click. (Bastien)