Automatic form completion in Web.
- Allow filling in forms with as little effort as possible
- Learn from what users enter
- Avoid privacy pitfalls
- Get confirmation before storing sensitive information (or allow undo)?
- Allow having multiple credit/debit cards, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses
- Handle details changing over time
- Try to handle detail changes automatically
- Avoid introducing "management" work for users (eg. having to administer what information is used/stored)
- Provide a way to see what information is stored and allow removing it
Values that are submitted are remembered for individual fields, and displayed as suggestion drop downs when entering text into a field whose name matches the name of the field where the value was originally entered.
Fields only seem to be automatically filled in one at a time.
Suggestions are filtered according to what has been typed - if there are multiple values recorded for each field, only those that match are displayed.
Apparently there is no way to edit autofill data.
Autofill settings include a list of saved addresses and a list of saved credit cards. Saved entries can be edited, and you can add new ones.
Chrome will remember sets of entered information: if you use a line from an address other fields will be automatically filled with details for that same address.