It would be nice to have a simple and elegant replacement for using Files to show a "Texts" directory containing all text based content not-created or worked on by the user. (ebooks, emagazines, guides, etc)
- View recent local Texts
- View online/cloud Texts (Wikis, Amazon, Scribd, etc)
- Search through Texts
- Store a reading list / todo list - and provide reminders
- See new Texts shared by friends (Scribd, amazon,
- View Texts full screen
- Print Texts
- Select favorites
- Set/Goto Bookmarks
- Provide simple anotation.
- View informations about writing : date of publication, editor, authors etc.
- This might be renamed : 'Text' isn't really explicit, maybe 'books', 'litterature', 'library' or 'writings' are better?
- Books might be to specific, what happens if one just has articles or emagizines?
- Litterature to other the other apps' names seem out of place and/or inconistent.
- Library might work, but it's not specific to the written word.
- Writings seem to imply "Documents", which may confuse users.
- Either Texts or Library should work, because they are both generic terms for the Documents you did not write.
- What ever it's named, obviously we should have an easily identifiable symbol for the icon. Idealy a book with some loose papers in the pages?