A simple, streamlined, and powerful terminal client designed for GNOME 3.
William Jon McCann
- Be accessible for inexperienced terminal users (necessary for support situations, new developers, etc).
- High level of integration with GNOME 3 (search, notifications, app design patterns).
- Scale to more complex usage.
Simple UI. It has tabs.
Pantheon Terminal (Elementary OS)
Has a few niceties - allows regular copy/paste shortcuts to be used, restores the previous session...
Mostly known for its tiling capabilities. Has some other features - supports drag and drop, unlimited scrollback...
Featureful terminal for Mac. Includes tiling, search, autocompletion, paste history, inline images and more.
http://worldwidemann.com/final-term-a-modern-terminal-emulator/. Now longer maintained, this used to have various "advanced" features:
- Context menus for file names, PIDs, URLs, IP addresses
- Command completion drop downs
- Collapsible command outpout
- Custom keyboard shortcuts (allows mapping particular commands to shortcuts)
- Text reflow
Tiling terminal that uses modern GNOME design patterns. Organises terminals into workspaces. Terminal layouts can be defined.