Passwords & Keys
System utility application for accessing stored passwords and keys.
- View passwords stored by the OS and core GNOME applications
- Allow finding passwords by search
- Modify stored passwords
- View, import and generate SSH keys
- View, import, generate and sign PGP keys
- Mostly used for email through Evolution or for signing things it Git
- Allow manually adding and storing passwords.
- Use cases: applications that don't store their passwords in the keyring, passwords issued by organizations, that are shared across multiple services.
- Allow new passwords to be generated
Possible additional functionality:
- Allow detecting and replacing duplicates
- Indicate the strength of passwords
- Allow detecting and replacing weak passwords