- Allow to find places based on clicking on the map rather than only searching
- Discover what's interesting around you
- Quickly show top hits of a Search for eg. "Bars"
- Show everything, at all time
- How to prioritize what places to show when?
- What items gets special icons?
Interesting keys in the top 240 number of objects: (https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys)
Leisure: 3 892 588 (values: pitch 29%, swimming_pool 18%, park 16%)
Shop: 2 775 679 ( - values: convenience 13%, supermarket 10%, clothes 6%)
Tourism: 1 488 198 ( - values: information 28%, hotel 17%, attraction 8% )
Public_transport: 1 431 767
Sport: 1 216 668
Parking: 926 418
Religion: 917 699
Historic: 745 593
Cuisine: 536 191 (related: amenity=cafe, amenity=fast_food, amenity=restaurant)
Information: 455 455
Other notable tags:
Healthcare: 17 476
amenity=police: 98 700
ATM: 141 005
Public restroom: 175 572
Keys that can help prioritize places over each other:
website: 1 248 280 - prioritize places with more info over those without
wheelchair: 1 098 640 - Priority of places that are accessible to everyone
phone: 926 414 - prioritize places with more info over those without
wikipedia: 904 879 - landmarks, such as statues with Wikipedia articles are more likely to be famous. Eases navigation based on them.
opening_hours: 881 218 - especially if they are Open Now. You want to see a café that is open right now more than one that is closed.
wikidata: 714 971 - same as wikipedia above
Wheelchair accessible toilet - accessible to everyone
No smoking allowed - non-smoking places are better for people with asthma and is more healthy for the staff
brand (raise or lower ranking for this?) - the big brands have an advantage, if this is de-prioritized it fosters local commerce.
Cafés with internet access - good if you're a tourist, to avoid roaming charges
Categories: Things to Do & See, Eat & Drink, Shopping & Services, Airports, Transit Stations, Universities, Hospitals, Other
- Places can help with navigation "Oh, this road is located next to the Eiffel Tower, I can see that from here"
- Highlighting certain places promote those, so making sure those places you see are good to society is a plus.