Evolution is a personal information management application that provides integrated mail, calendaring and address book functionality.
Refresh icons done
Global design in progress
Design in progress for Mail
Needs design for contacts
Needs design for calendar
Needs design for tasks
Needs design for notes
Implementation in progress
Evolution is a historical GNOME application that deserve a UI refreshing.
Refresh old icons
Refresh whole UI
The current UI for GNOME Evolution is complex and many elements stole a lot of space. Important information is overwritten by the icons and secondary information.
1. Too much space stolen by elements that should be hidden by default.
2. Too much place taken by misplacing.
3. Less than 50% space is left for central information and small screens.
1. Gain place by resizing elements - Status bar and search bar are reduced.
2. Gain place by moving elements - Apps bar move from left to top.
1. Important information not highlighted or lost in so many colors and icons
2. Some action buttons should be contextual
Too much place is taken by misplaced or oversized elements. The user interface is confused with action icons all in the same place. Too many colors cause important information to be lost in the crowd.
1. Important information is valorized by colors and are no more lost in the crowd.
2. Action buttons are contextualized.
Slide In Mail view