Instead of working with local VMs, connect to a remote box.
- Direct connection to a single box. VNC/RDP/SPICE
- Connecting through a broker. RHEVM
Access available machines on a LAN?
- Boxes is not a tool to manage large pools of VMs, define permissions, clone configs across machines etc..
Boxes is not a viewer. Connecting to a remote machine is equivalent to creating a new virtual machine. It creates a personal machine, "my box".
Direct connections are usually linked to knowing tedious technical details about the connection. Connection protocol, compression type, IP address, port number, etc. Non-administrator don't find these details approachable.
- Don't bother laying out connection details into forms, it doesn't help much a non-administrator. Stick to URLs:
Fast copy & paste
- Easy route from the Web browser or Email.
- Discover available machines on a LAN, similar to adding printers in the Settings.