Cassidy James Blaede
I'm a UX architect who designs and builds useful, usable, and delightful digital products with open technologies. Co-founder and CXO at elementary, working on GNOME stack downstream elementary OS. Formerly UX architect at System76 working on GNOME downstream Pop!_OS.
Member of the GNOME Foundation.
Specific Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Balancing a platform’s design vision with user delight
- Accessibility features being supported and promoted as standard features
- Spatial user interaction models (including layout and animation)
- Building an app ecosystem
- UI typography
- UX copy and microcopy
- Developing, maintaining, and enforcing Human Interface Guidelines
- System-wide dark styles
- Building a story around and communicating user-facing changes
<c AT SPAMFREE ssidyjam DOT es> (general)
<cassidy AT SPAMFREE elementary DOT io> (elementary OS)
- IRC: cassidyjames (Freenode and GIMPnet)