GNOME 3 experience on the WeTab.
Preparing the media
Write some magic bytes for the benefit of the BIOS:
printf "\x9d\x2a\x44\x7b"|dd of=/dev/sdX bs=1 count=4 seek=440
Boot in the WeTab OS
- When rebooting, press F11 repeatedly to get to the boot menu
- Select the USB stick, and boot into your installer or live media
Notes and bugs (for Fedora 19)
- Webcam works
- Bluetooth works
- Video works:
- Gyroscope/Accelerometer work including rotation.
The ath9k wireless driver works (wide channels support is broken for some frequencies)
- The SDHC card reader works as expected
- The power button works as expected
- The Quickstart button doesn't work as expected, and uses "KEY_MEDIA" instead of a more appropriate keycode.
- 3G modem and Broadcom CrystalHD devices in the 3G version of the tablet were not tested, but should work.