Tweet has not been ported to Clutter 1.x, and TwitterGlib has not been kept up to speed with the changes in the Twitter RESTful API. Hence, I consider Tweet a dead project.
Tweet is a simple desktop client for the Twitter messaging service. Tweet is written in C using GNOME platform libraries like:
and other GNOME-related libraries like:
Tweet uses Clutter as an hardware accelerated canvas for parts of its user interface; this requires a working OpenGL implementation.
Twitter-GLib is the library used by Tweet to retrieve and update the Twitter status. Twitter-GLib uses LibSoup to access the RESTful API exposed by Twitter, and JSON-GLib to parse the JSON data streams returned by Twitter.
Twitter-GLib is installed system-wide with Tweet and can be used to build new applications interfacing with Twitter.
Tweet is developed on a git repository hosted on Github; the master tree is viewable here and can be cloned using
git clone git://github.com/ebassi/tweet.git
You can send me patches using git-format-patch or direct me to a tree I can pull from.
You can follow the development on the Tweet openhub page.
0.2.0 - first alpha release download here
- Tweet main window
Copyright and Licensing
Tweet is Copyright (C) 2008 Emmanuele Bassi
Tweet is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3 or (at your option) later.
Twitter-GLib is released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1 or (at your option) later.
- --An icon for Tweet--
- Show error messages in the UI instead of the console
- --Add key bindings-- (done)
- --Add a toolbar-- (done)
- --Use nm-glib to find out whether we have network support-- (done)
Use LibUnique to handle a single instance
- Show followers and following
- Show the timeline of a single user
- Add more details to the status info overlay (protected, following)
- Add a button for opening a browser at the status page
- Add a button for stop following a user
- Add a button for direct messages