Alexander Larsson, the current maintainer of Sabayon listed out the pending tasks for Sabayon in a mail to the sabayon mailing list. They are:
- Look through bugzilla
- Fix the firefox settings backend that keeps duplicating bookmarks on each login
- Make another pass through gnome to make sure don't write things unnecessary to gconf on login/startup.
- Additions to the gconf backend to make it bunch together some related settings with nicer descriptions
- More settings backends (openoffice, kde, common apps) so that more apps can be handled
- Write docs on how to deploy sabayon
- Talk to actual deployers of sabayon and get feedback
If you see an item here which does not yet have a corresponding bug in bugzilla, and if you start working on that item, please open a bug and link to it from here.
Roundtrip test suite. We should have an automatic test to ensure that packing the home directory from a user profile, and then unpacking it, yield the same results. This means: same files and directories (except ignored ones), same file permissions, same contents (may need some machinery to handler "unordered" files like %gconf.xml data). (Do we need to preserve the atime/ctime/mtime of files?)
Hook bug-buddy to Sabayon. When we hit an unhandled Python exception, nothing happens. Bug-buddy should come up and let us submit a bug report. We should attach the log info (from "dprint()" everywhere) to this bug-buddy report.
Example (123456).. This is an example item, which you can cut and paste as a template.
Integrating Pessulus into Sabayon
This is a to-do list to move Pessulus under the Sabayon source tree, and yet be able to run Pessulus as a standalone tool.
- Move the sources into the Sabayon tree (not done). How do we preserve the SVN history? Can we copy some files on the SVN server, or is there a more automatic way?
- Merge the translations into sabayon/po (not done).
- Move the .desktop file from Pessulus (not done).
- Update AUTHORS, MAINTAINERS, READMEs/TODOs, etc.
- Move pessulus/ChangeLog to sabayon/ChangeLog.pessulus-old
Move the Pessulus page's contents into this page.
Close bug 346890, which is about updating Sabayon to the latest Pessulus.
- 2007-07-12: Tagged Pessulus with PESSULUS_BEFORE_MOVE_TO_SABAYON (tag revision 309). Tagged Sabayon with SABAYON_BEFORE_PESSSULUS_MOVED_IN (tag revision 762).