The LGO (live.gnome.org) wiki is a wiki that contains many aspects and views of GNOME (developers, users marketers). Before you start contributing here you should make yourself familiar with this wikis concepts.
- Everybody who is registered can edit Everything.
- Old Revisions can be restored.
Users can watch RecentChanges to see what has been changed lately.
- If you Subscribe to a page you can get emails every time the content is changed.
Hints for Collaborative Writing in a Wiki
- Avoid to use "I" perspective
- Try to make a page as simple as possible and as complex as it is needed.
- Be courageous in editing but respect the content others have contributed.
- Your best contribution is refactoring and cleaning up what you have contributed yourself. If everybody would do this, pages would look much nicer.
- Be patient. Maybe take a day of instead of interfering intos somebody edits. Maybe in a few hours thing already look differently. ( or if things are really worse restore an older version)
Recommended additional reading: GoodStyle (external)