Issues raised at ISV BOF
Working Around Existing Bugs
- Even if a bug is fixed in a subsequent release, an ISV is stuck dealing with any previous release that it claims to support.
- More explicit versioning can help with detection of bugs to workaround them.
- Working around broken themes is a constant headache.
- Certain elements may only render correctly in certain themes
Some themes specifically ignore certain actions, such as setting the background colour of an EventBox.
- GTK-QT-Engine is evil. Has it been dropped in SuSE 10?
- Symbolic Colours
- The initial discussion of symbolic colours was ver promising, but seems to have stalled.
- Right now, something as simple as colouring a hyperlink is impossible to do in a theme-safe manner.
- Insert link to symbolic colour wiki page here.