Current hosting setup
One Linode instance, with 724 MB of RAM and 24 GB of disk space, host the following services:
- MySQL server, used by various services below
- Wordpress for the main Banshee website, using a MySQL schema.
- Planet feed aggregator, accessible as the planet.* subdomain.
- Static web site, accessible as download.* subdomain. Mainly contains release tarballs for various related projects, screenshots, etc. Banshee source tarballs up to 2.0.1 (May 2011), take 1.1 GB (those are already copied on ftp.gnome.org). The rest takes around 300 MB.
- Online services site, accessible as integrated-services.* subdomain.
- Metrics service, under the metrics.* subdomain. PHP scripts to handle the submissions and storage in a MySQL schema.
This server also hosts the http://f-spot.org/ web site (uses WordPress ?).
The primary domains used for that server are banshee.fm and f-spot.org. Aliases are: banshee-project.org, getbanshee.com and getbanshee.org
- Linode with backups: $37.45/month
- banshee.fm domain: $70/year
- getbanshee.com domain: $10/year
- getbanshee.org domain: $10/year
- banshee-project.org domain: $10/year
Alternative 1: Move to another Linode
Alternative 2: Move to various free services
- Github Pages for the main website
- other tarballs on download.* could be moved to ftp.gnome.org
- Retire the Planet ?
Still need to figure out hosting for metrics and integrated-services.
... Your idea here ...