Common Banshee Questions
- Move Music support to be extensions that can be disabled/enabled at will
Crossfading support: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=524300
depends upon the following GStreamer enhancement being implemented: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=602286
- Move Video support to be extensions that can be disabled/enabled at will
Olivier Dufour has claimed the Video extension part of this, work in progress code can be found in his Github tree:
TV Show support: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=631772
Oliver Dufour is working on this in his GitHub tree:
- Jamendo integration:
This feature has been added and will be in Banshee Community Extensions 1.9.1 and beyond.
Subtitle support: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=534581
This feature has been added and will be in Banshee 1.9.1 and beyond.
- DVD support
This feature has been added and will be available in Banshee 2.3.1 and beyond
Genre browser: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=540873
This feature has been added and will be available in Banshee 2.3.2 and beyond
- MP3 player device (including phones) not detected
All bugs should have the information listed in http://live.gnome.org/Banshee/LibgpodTransition
Also devices working like regular USB storage devices (say like a USB pendrive would show up when plugged in) should be listed in the media-player-info package, see:
- Podcasts, etc. goes to the wrong places on iPods (should be fixed in 1.9.0 and beyond)
- Drag and drop from Nautilus doesn't work
* Better handling of database problems and recovery (causes failures to start Banshee)
Currently known performance problems in Banshee:
- Grid view is a bit slow
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=613723 (Being worked on)
Investigating performance problems
Obtaining logs and investigating
Packaging and platform issue
These are problems which are typically out of reach of the Banshee developers:
How do I?
- Passing regular Banshee arguments such as --debug-sql to make run
BANSHEE_OPTIONS="--debug" make run
- Getting more information from GStreamer
stop git from messing with line endings.
echo '* -text' > .git/info/attributes git reset --hard HEAD
Future plans and speculations
- Banshee BOF GUADEC 2010 notes detailing current problems and proposed plans to address them. Not just with Banshee but dealing with how we can provide the best possible GNOME experience to .NET developers.
- The orgy of code, joy and happiness known as the GNOME+Mono Hackfest 2011 is being planned to get our foundations ready for GNOME3 and increase stability for users.
- Roadmap/Wishlist for 2.1/2.2